❸❷Do Not Go Gentle

Start from the beginning

"What took you so long?" Klaus asks when she stops in front of us.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." She lifts up the stake to show us fully. "Luckily, I'm quite the charmer."

I stare at Rebekah as she avoids my eye contact, only looking at Klaus

I stare at Rebekah as she avoids my eye contact, only looking at Klaus. "That's it?" I ask.

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?" She states, holding the stake out to Klaus, which causes me to jump as my magic instantly reacts. It snatches the stake out of her hand, bringing it to me, causing my eyes to widen in shock as it lands in my hand. "Well, looks like Carter wants the honor."

I hold the wooden stake in my hand, staring at how it was carved, not sharp like the other stakes Klaus destroyed. There's something off about this stake. I look up at Rebekah and see something goes across her eyes as she gives an encouraging smile. The stake then catches on fire. We all watch the flames cover it before turning into ashes as I open my hand and let it disappear entirely.

"Well, that's that, then." Rebekah smirks before turning to leave the room.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus says, turning to walk towards the painting he was working on before the linking spell.

" Klaus says, turning to walk towards the painting he was working on before the linking spell

"Today?" Rebekah says, confused...or more like concerned, but hold on, what did Klaus say? 

"What do you mean leaving? Who the hell is 'we'" I ask.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset." Klaus shrugs like it is nothing, ignoring me.

I shake my head in disbelief. He never said anything about leaving hell. He built this big dumb ass house I thought he would be staying in. Especially didn't mention taking Elena, but apparently, she's going...am I even going?

"But tonight is the decade dance." Rebekah states in a panic.

Fuck I forgot I'm supposed to be helping set up.

"So?"

"So, I'm head of the committee. We have to go."

Klaus scoffs, getting annoyed. "I'm not going to any dance."