❶❾ Chapter Nineteen

| Chapter Nineteen |

"𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

"𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞...𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭"

" I've been gone for fucking two months, and you idiots had one job... stay alive!" I yell into the phone, causing some birds to squeak and fly away as I sit on a bench at a bus stop. I have been called the gang for two months, and they always downplayed what was going on in Mystic Falls, but with the sacrifice being successful, killing Jenna and John, Damon getting bit by a werewolf, and now an old ass hybrid is in town. They can't downplay how horrible everything is going.

So here I am waiting to take a long-ass bus ride back to a disaster town.

" Well, technically Stefan, Damon, and I are already dead," Caroline says.

" And you all are going to be dead indefinitely with all the idiotic shit you are doing!"

" Hey! We are managing!" She defends.

"Caroline Jenna is dead, John is dead, Damon is almost dead, and Klaus is still alive." I sigh into the phone, pinching the bridge of my nose. " I asked you guys multiple times if you needed help. You all said no, everything is going fine." I mock.

" Well, what we're we supposed to say, Carter? If we told you the truth, you would have dropped everything and come back." Caroline states.

She does have a point. The whole reason I left is that I wouldn't be able to find out what I needed to know in Mystic falls because I would be too busy being a part of the save Elena squad.

"Well, there's nothing to drop anymore. I haven't found anything this whole time I've been away felt more like a vacation than an actual information search." I sigh.

I honestly think I didn't find anything out because of Lenore. She said she knew some places we could get information from, but those people only knew about the Crescent sacrifice. Some would look at my tattoos like they wanted to say more but wouldn't, and then Lenore would drag me away to some tourist spot.

So basically, it was a vacation for her.

"And what's the point of finding out what's missing if when I come back home and the people I love our six feet under." I state, causing Caroline to sigh.

"Stefan is going to figure this out, Carter."

"I don't doubt that. I'm just afraid of the cost that will come with it when he does."

" I will cross the bridge when it comes." Stefan's voice says through the phone. " When I pick you up later tonight from the bus stop, everything will be fine." He tries to reassure me before the line clicks.

I hear the bus pulling up, and I take a deep breath as the strong feeling that everything will not be fine runs through my body and mind.