𝓕𝒶𝓁𝒶 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓘𝓈𝒶𝒶𝒸

8

The beautification class wasn't a fail at all. Ophelia and Fala were walking now to Dueling, which was now a class for both girls and boys. It's her first mixed class.
  The clock rang as the girls entered the class. Professor Espada was waiting for all of them, analizing the new students from head to toe. They sat down, as a boring speech from their teacher started.
"I am Mr. Espada. For the next four years you will learn how to use your swords in the correct way. A sword is a weapon. It can save lifes, or take lifes. As you know, now both girls and boys learn dueling. Knowing how to hand a sword is pure art. Is much more difficult than painting or drawing or singing, or any other art. I see now capable faces, and less capable faces. Maybe some of you already know how to use a sword, so the first lessons will be boring. But remember, no matter what gender you are, a sword can be your best friend or your mortal enemy. As we all know, not very long ago, a Snake was killed with just a sword..." he finished his speech, looking lost at Fala.
  "First, let's see two ladies,then two gentlemans" he said while preparing two swords, one purple, the other red.
"They are fake, of course"

Girls were glaring at each other. Who will go first? Nobody wanted to. Ophelia and Fala were looking at each other, trying to hide from professor Espada's eyes. 
"No one wants? Then let's take two boys first"
He looked at the boys.
"You!You are the Reader, am I wrong? Come on, let's see what you can do" he pointed to a boy.
The boy walked in front of the class,clearly embarassed. He wasn't looking like a prince, no. He was short and skinny. His blueish grey hair, cut in a long bowl was covering his eyes. His steps were fast, as everyone looked at him,whispering.
"What's your name, boy?"
"I-Isaac. I I am Isaac...from the Woods Beyond" he mumbled.
  "Who wants to duel with Isaac?" The teacher looked at the boys. "Come one, you!" He pointed at the boy from the back of the class, a boy with jet black hair.
He walked unbothered to the front of the class, his sword already at his waist.
"What's your name?"
He looked with his tired, sleepy eyes at the teacher.
"Etherbert of Camelot, Sir"
Professor Espada started laughing in happines
"Oh my boy! Etherbert, you say. Your father was my student! He is a hero! Tell him I am proud of his doings!"
"I will, Sir" Etherbert said in the same low voice.
"Now, enought with the formalities. Take those"He gave Isaac the purple sword and Etherbert the red one,as he took Excalibur from the prince's hands.
"3..2...1!" He yelled.

Fala looked at Ophelia. "Is Isaac going to be ok?" She asked. "Yes, but probably embarassed" ophelia answered.
Fala then just looked at the two boys in front. Isaac didn't know anything. He was holding his sword with both of his hands,barely dodging Etherbert's perfect attacks.
Everyone,especially the girls, came closer, to see everything. Even the two friends.
And for a second, during the duel, Etherbert looked right at Fala. She sarcastically fluttered her eyelashes.
Etherbert fell. A gasp was heard. He couldn't believe it! What had happened? He can't loose his first match in The School for Good. He got up fast and started attacking Isaac again. This time with anger. The grey haired boy fell down and lost his sword, as the prince put his leg on Isaac's stomach and the red sword at his throat.
Claps filled the room. Etherbert of Camelot won against Isaac of the Woods Beyond. Only Fala and some boys didn't clap.
She looked unimpressed at Etherbert.
The prince turned with pride and looked at Fala again. He saw her expression and turned his head back in shame. But nobody saw this. Nobody saw how the prince won, just to impress some girl from Foxwoods.
The clock rang.
The hour finished.
"Are you ok?"a worried, mixed boy, came to Isaac.
"Yes,yes, i am still living" he mumbled.

Fala and Ophelia also left the class. "Excuse my brother, he is always so competitive" Ophelia went to Isaac.
"It's ok.."
He was still with the mixed boy, whose name is Julian, they found out later. They are roomates, that's why they get along so well.
And their group got bigger. Fala, Ophelia, Isaac and Julian. Their next class was history again, with professor Hort.
  Again, both girls and boys are here. The same people. Fala sat with Ophelia and Isaac sat with Julian in front of them. They were waiting for the teacher. "Tell us more, Isaac. How is life in Gavaldon? Is it much different from when my mum was a child?" Ophelia asked him.
"Well...people are now much open-minded, and don't blame the bears for everything anymore...the village also got bigger...and every year kids are begging to be taken here..." he said low. His voice was really comforting. "Did you want to be here?" Fala asked. "Of course he did! Who doesn't want to?" Julian said attacked. "Well...i didn't want to get here" Fala protested. "Me neither..." Isaac said almost whispering.
Then he looked at Fala's face.
"You know...I really like to read...not just 'official' fairytales, but also newspapers and history books....and you look...very familiar..." he said thinking a lot.
"Yeah, you're not the first to tell me this" she said, unimpressed.
Isaac turned back to his desk, deep lost in his thoughts.
Meanwhile, professor Hort walked in. He didn't introduced himself like the others, as he did it yesterday.
"So, I will mess up the materials a little bit. First we will learn about the First Great War, then The Second Great war. Other, less important events, we'll learn after. I want all of you to know the most important part of our history"
  The class started to fuss, looking at Etherbert and Ophelia. At least there was no one to give Fala weird looks anymore.
  "So, as we all know, when The School for Good and Evil was created, almost 300 years ago, there was a need for a School Master, to keep the balance between Good and Evil and protect the Storian. A lot of Men tried to be the chosen one, but they all failed. Then, the storian chose two twins. One for Good, one for Evil, whose love and faith for the other will keep the balance. But then, the Evil one, named Rafal, killed his twin in order to have full power over the Storian and the Woods. For a long, long time, nobody knew which twin won, thinking that Good was winning all the time because the School Master was Good and he was controling the Storian" Hort ended. Kids were writing down what he said, or just listened with big eyes. Of course, most of them already knew, but hearing the story from somebody who met Rafal, married Sophie and befriended Agatha and Tedros, was something different.
  Isaac was the most interested. Under his bangs, which were totally covering his eyes, his eyes were widened in curiosity.
  The clock rang once again. Ophelia almost fell asleep in her desk, as Fala was drawing in her notebook. She drew a caricature of their teacher. "Wake up" Fala moved Ophelia by her shoulder.
The blonde got up very hard. It took her some minutes to stretch, then, with sleepy eyes she looked up at her friend, as Fala was taller.
  The pale girl was standing tall, her arms at her chest, looking angry. "Did something happen?" Ophelia asked with a sore voice. "We almost missed the break because of you"
  Ophelia opened her eyes a little bit more. Then she realised, how close she was to Fala. Their noses almost touched. She blushed. The girl in front of her is so beautiful. How could she intrerrupt this moment? What should she do? She felt Fala's breath on her lips. Only three centimeters between their mounths. Only three centimeters... Ophelia closed her eyes. Two centimeters...
The clock rang.
She opened her eyes scared .
Fala was still looking at her with an angry face.
  Ophelia blushed. She covered her face, while apologizing to Fala because they missed the break, trying not to mention anything about what happened before.