"Are you still thinking about that? I already gave you my answer." Naruto finally looked up at Sasuke's confused expression. "Did you wait outside the detention room for two hours just to ask me that?"

Sasuke didn't know how to respond. What was he supposed to say? Of course he didn't stand out there just to ask one stupid question. Then why?

The more he thought about it, the more flustered he grew. He pushed his silky black hair back and looked away for a split second, sticking out his bottom lip. Pushing his bangs back exposed his forehead, which was pinker than Naruto expected.

A small smile curled up on the blond's face before it erupted into a boisterous laugh. Sasuke was even more embarrassed by his laughter but he couldn't find it in himself to be mad at it. Naruto's laugh was so genuine and cute; it sounded like warm sun rays if they could make a noise.

"Why are you laughing?" Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows and his face glowed with pink.

"Hahaha! Cuz you're so cute!" Naruto put one of his hands on his lips. "I didn't know someone like you could be so stubborn!"

"What are you even saying, dobe..." Sasuke's hand slid down his face to cover his expression.

"I mean it..." His laughing settled to a bright smile. "You're adorable."

"Adorable?" Sasuke repeated. "You—"

Naruto checked his phone and gasped at the time, cutting off Sasuke's response. "Gah! I'm late! I have to go practice!"

"Practice? But it's freezing cold outside."

"It's not an official practice or anything. It's just something I like to do on my own." Naruto put his phone in his pocket. "I'll see you tomorrow, Sasuke."

Before the raven could respond, Naruto grabbed his hand and squeezed it with all his might. "Thank you for saving me from the detention room."

Their hands slid apart as Naruto sprinted down the hall, waving back at Sasuke with that same cheery grin. Sasuke was left alone once again. His hand was still jutted forward with his palm open, the feeling of the blond's warmth lingering on his fingertips.

He didn't know what compelled him, but Sasuke couldn't ignore the thought that popped up in his head.

"I should watch him practice."

____

Naruto's practice routine was perfect. He made sure to build on every skill possible to give him an edge at the sport. Despite being the captain of the softball team, Naruto consistently practiced baseball in hopes that his skill would allow him on the school's male team.

Last year, he tried out for men's baseball. His teammates, the coach, and even the principal discouraged him. On the day of try-outs, he was the star player. His pitches were phenomenal, his hits were impressive, his running speed was excellent, and, most important of all, he worked amazingly with others. But it all led to nothing. Naruto wasn't selected to be on the team.

The reason? The fact that he didn't have a penis. Naruto never had a chance. No matter how good he was, they were never going to accept him.

That never deterred the blond, though. He decided that he was going to try again this year, for the very last time before heading to college on a softball scholarship.

That's why he practiced anytime he could— even if that resulted in blisters and fevers from the cold.

"She looks gorgeous, doesn't she?"