41. Talking heads

Start from the beginning

Stella laughs at that, "oh my god, literally."

"You wanna come upstairs with me? I was gonna find someone to chill with anyways."

"Yes, I'd love that!"

So we head upstairs and decide to chill in one of the lounges. One of. Crazy right?

"So how old are you?" Stella asks me from the other sofa. Feet propped up on the foot rest.

"16, you?"

"19, I'm having a gap year before I go to Uni. So you're in year 11..? Or first year of sixth from?" She asks.

"Kinda complicated. My schooling has been so fucked up all my life. Kinda want to fuck of the whole school idea."

"Fair. You have a passion? You could try start a business or something? Get Rich to invest and then pay back when your a multi-millionaire." Stella suggest.

"A passion..." I shrug, unknowing of what I love.

Stella casts me a sympathetic look. "Okay, look.. why don't we make a list of lots of things. We try them out together and try discover your passion. And maybe find mine too along the way because I'm jsut doing what my folks want. Dentistry."

I can't help smile at her words. That is too fucking sweet. "I'd love that!"

She swipes her forehead, "few, otherwise that would've been awkward."

"So how'd you meet Nikolai?"

She sighs and smiles, looking as though she's just going through the hundreds of happy memories they have together. "Long time ago. We're kinda childhood best friends. I think it was nursery and he had just joined. He was not socialising with anybody, so I went over and said hi. Since then we've been friends I guess. Nothing crazy."

I smile because I can tell Nik means a lot to her. "That's cute, not going to lie."

"It's hard work, Jesus. I have to fight for my life. The amount of girls who have come at me just cause I'm mates with him. Outrageous, I'll tell you that much. And since Nik's whole family blew up in the media too, it's not just people in real life, it's people online too now."

"I know they're kind of famous. But how famous are we taking here?"

"Uhh, sorta Calloway sister famous..."

"CALLOWAY FAMOUS?"

(Guys if yk, yk. (And your amazing!!))

"Yeahh..." Stella confirms nervously.

I sink into my seat, "what have I gotten MSYELF into?"

"I'm surprised you didn't notice they were crazy famous."

"Well I did go to a shopping centre with them. I was wondering why it was oddly quiet. And all the people who were there looked like they were gonna murder me. Oh my god. They were security guards! But apart from that, I haven't been,  out with them any other time. Actually once I was kind of with Nikolai at a party. Dunno if that counts."

"You don't follow them on social media? Or even heard of them before that?" Stella asks sounding super surprised.

"No... I've never really had a phone. When I have it's been shitty and too glitchy to have any cool apps apart from Slither.io, and even then my snake was glitching all over the damn place. I only got a phone the other day. Or Rich got me a phone the other day."

"Okay get your phone out I'll give you their socials."

"It is in the bedroom, I'll be right back."

And with that I run back to fetch my phone from my temporary bedroom.

_____________________________

Stella's aesthetic: