04

'Ok class, your first test of the year is going to be in 3 days.'Mrs. Mcrae, our history teacher informed us as she stood in the front of the class.'Now-'

The bell rang loudly and all of us started packing our books and stuff.

Kamille and I said our goodbyes as I entered the gym and sat on the bleachers.

The first basketball game of the year was tommorow night so keeping my promise I was in the gym watching the basketball team practice and I had cheer practice after so win-win.

'Nikka , you came" Lucas smiled at me.

'What you thought I won't show plus after you guys there's cheer practice might as well wait it out ?' I teased heading to the bleachers.

'Oh hey Nika' Freddy waved at me as he took a seat next to me kn the bleachers.'Come to see me practice?'

'Um yeah most  def Freddy how coul-'

'Or you came to eye-bang Lucas?' Freddy stood up and threw me a questioning look.

'Cmon Freddy, i think eye-banging is a bit of a stretch, plus he invited me to watch and cheer practice is after but you know I have two eyes so Frey just think one eye is for you'

He gave me a wink, chuckling before walking back to the team.

Boys.

📌📍📌

'Hey Nikka!'
I rose my head up from my book for my eyes to land on Poppy.

'Pops,hello! how can I help you?'

'Well, now that you mention it, wanna hang out after the game and if the R.G.M home team wins, you know the 'eagles' maybe celebrate?' She rambled it so fast but in such a classy way I caught on.

'Poppy you know I would love to but what about Gigi , don't you guys always do like everything together?' I asked patting the seat next to me.

'Yeah we do.I'm just tired okay, i'm tired of always being in her shadow, always being seen as "the ugly friend" even when I gave myself a makeover' she chuckled sadly , a tear rolling down her cheek.

I used my thumb and wiped her tear, turning her head to face me'Hey c'mon Pops, your not in her shadow and your not the ugly friend, i'm new around here and I still forget who Gigi is.Just be yourself Pops, I think you let Gigi define yourself way too much.She's your best friend ,not your controller.'

'So who is Poppy Larson?'

'Wow, um is it weird nobody's asked me that before' A sad chuckle escaping from her sobs.

'Oh Poppy, come here' I pulled her into a hug and let her cry into the crook of my neck .

She cleaned her tears and pulled her head away. 'I'm Poppy Larson, I like books, art, makeup,cheer and decathlon's and I am my own person.Nice to meet you.' Poppy smiled extending her hand.

'Hey Poppy, I'm Nikka Barnes and I'm extremely proud of you'I replied shaking her hand.

We both laughed and headed out of the library

📌📍📌

Poppy and I headed to the school gym in our cheer outfits , the gym was full of students, teachers and parents.
We saw the rest of the cheerleaders scattered in front of the bleachers, stretching and sitting .
Kamille spotted us and practically ran towards us.
'There you guys are, c'mon put these bows in your hair.We need it for the cheer, the games about to start.'

I heard the cheers of the audience watching the match, left for me to conclude they had started the game. After a good 20 minutes in the commentator,( Mrs.Badgley, Our Music teacher) introduced the cheerleaders.

We entered from the two different doors in lines, performing our dance and ending with an extraordinary chant 'Go Eagles!' before cheering to the front bleachers.

'Make some noise for these talented young ladies now' The gym erupted in cheers and applause.
'Now that calls the end of our halftime break. Home and away team please make your way back unto court.'

The Eagles and the Wolfs made their way back unto the basketball court with the score being home -13 and away - 20.Well at least they weren't so behind.
The second half was a good ten minutes in and the Eagles had not made a single basket to add to their 13 points while the Wolfs had made 3 field goals keeping them in the lead with 27 points.

The cheerleaders and I were chanting for our players hopefully to motivate them to score some baskets.
'Cmon Eagles'
'Guys you got this!'
'Freddy your doing great!'

Now the game had 5 minutes left. Eagles had reached up to the Wolfes with a 26. Only one more basket needed to move to the next round.

10 seconds were left and the Eagles were still one point behind the away team. Soon the entire gym started to countdown with the board.
'Come on Freddy, Lucas you got this' I thought.
I was basically at the edge of my seat watching in anticipation when I saw Lucas dribble and pass to Freddy screening for him had he did a layup as the timer was on two.

Come on.

The ball had leaped into the basket right before the signal of the buzzer. The crowd went wild with cheers and applause. As the school marching band and the cheerleaders played some tunes and did our celebratory victory dance.

I ran into the court and tackled Freddy in a big bear hug. 'Frey you did it, R.G.M is moving to the next round of the season!' I cheered excitedly as he chuckled.
'It was a team effort.'He shrugged. 'Oh don't be so modest' I hit on the arm playfully both of us laughing.
'And I think one of those teammates want to steal you from this conversation right about'
Freddy was cut short by two arms wrapping themselves around me and lifting me up .
'We did it Nika!' Lucas said as he brought me down pulling into a hug

I saw Freddy wink from the corner of my at me and I flipped him of laughing. ' I know.Can't believe it.' I squealed jumping up and down.

He chuckled and threw an arm around me as everyone was starting to head out.

                                       📌📍📌

    Lucas and I got our stuff and walked out of the school settling on the pavement to wait for our rides.

'Well Miss Barnes, I was wondering if you can ever accompany a lonely lad like me on a night like this, preferably Thursday, to the fair?'

I stared up at him bewildered before a playful smile formed on my lips. 'Well of course sire' we have to put the lonely lad out of his misery'

'Sweet! See you then Nika' He leaned in and pecked my cheek before grabbing his bag and getting into his mother's car.

I stared dumbfounded as the car passed me and my fingers lingered above where he pecked.

Soon Noelle decided to show up and I hopped in to her car.

What got you all giggly?' Noelle teased as she observed my behavior from the rear view mirror.

'Nothing, everything is just perfect' I smiled leaning my head on the window glass.

                         ———————————//////

I'm so sorry I have been inactive. I had school
Make sure to vote and comment 💗