39 [SURPRISE]

Taehyung hissed as he slowly edged his legs into a pair of dark wash jeans but thanked whatever deity that may be up there for ballet flats, no socks to put on or laces to tie, ergo no bending

Taehyung's bronze star day took a violent shove into silver.

He stuffed his arms through first a fitted white camisole and then a loose fitting navy coloured vest with a tiny pocket on its left breast. He carefully placed his feet into his brown flats and snatched up his brown messenger bag. Taehyung was ready.

Jungkook was still perched on the end of his bed by the sounds of things, probably still looking a mite harassed. His Blackberry had been going insane with calls for the past hour, all of which he had studiously ignored while he came in to try and talk some 'sense' into him.

Taehyung walked out of his closet and shut the doors, cringing with every step that he took.

"This is a bad idea," Jungkook shook his head, his eyes pleading.

Taehyung shrugged and averted his gaze. He was struggling to look at him. "It's my first day, I'm not missing it."

"Taehyung," He breathed. "You passed out. You were probably one head crack away from a concussion. You're clearly in pain. Please," He begged. "I'll take the day off."

Taehyung scoffed. Pain. "You're flying out to Sydney next week; you can't afford to take a day off. I'm fine."

"You are not fine," Jungkook said tightly. "Anyone can see that you are most definitely not fine. You're being reckless!"

"How can not wanting to miss my first day of college be considered reckless? It's sensible. I'm not about to kick start my degree by falling behind, Jungkook."

"I highly doubt that anybody would think this is the 'sensible' thing to do. You can barely walk!"

"Well I should start practicing then, shouldn't I?" Taehyung snapped suddenly, this morning's events finally starting to catch up and fraying the last of his delicate nerves.

Taehyung hated that he was feeling this embarrassed around him. As if their situation wasn't already bizarre enough, he had to go and add to the general nuttiness. He'd been starting to feel so damn comfortable around Jungkook and then this happens. Taehyung was so mad at himself.

He'd said it before and he'll say it again – gah!

"Are you sure this is really about not wanting to miss your first day?"

Taehyung looked up to find Jungkook's eyes probing, filled with questions.

Taehyung frowned. Pain. "What are you talking about?"

Jungkook cocked his head to the side. "Are you sure you're not trying to... run away? I know that you're probably antsy given what you saw earlier on, but I don't want you feeling uncomfortable, Taehyung. It's really not a big deal."