Her heart skipped a beat, threatening to stop breathing altogether. On pure instincts and adrenaline coursing through her veins, she sprinted into a run in the opposite direction from where the animal approached her.

Without looking where she was going, she ran as if her life depended on it, literally. Loud growls and thumping paws echoed throughout the otherwise quite forest, making her heart leap out of her chest in pure fear.

It all happened in the blink of an eye. In amidst of running, her foot tripped on a fallen log, causing a scream to erupt her throat. She fell with a loud thump, whimpers of pain escaping her mouth as her knees and elbows hit the wet but hard ground. The ferocious specie was on her in a second, causing her to let out another earsplitting scream, eyes wide in horror.

But... what was that?

Instead of attacking her, the animal stared directly into her eyes, its front paws on her chest but instead of it ripping through her shirt, they laid with the softest of touch on her covered skin.

Her eyes fell on its eyes in fear but it soon desolved into wonder. She was transfixed. Her heart was beating fast but this time it wasn't out of fear but fascination. Every nerve in her body came alive as she stared into the eyes of one of the most feared animal. The fear she felt before evaporated into a calm and peaceful feeling as if the former emotion was totally unknown to her.

The wolve's eyes glinted beautifully in the darkness of the forest, a colour so bright and vibrant that it made her want to capture those eyes in her phone so that she never forget the colour.

A sudden shake of her body caused Hiyam to jolt upright in a sitting position and open her eyes. Placing a hand on her heart, she looked at her surrounding. She was no longer in the jungle or the wolf was not on top her.

She was where she was suppose to be; in a train. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm her breath in relief. No matter how weird and somewhat of an enchantment it was, she was glad it was just a dream.

A dream that she was now normal for her.

A dream that was her companion of lonely nights since she could remember.

A dream that seemed so real that even after waking up, it stayed in her thoughts for long.

The dream always started with her being in the jungle all alone. Fear is always on the forefront of her emotions. Each dream has a different dangerous species, ranging from snake to lion to tiger, all the animals that falls under the carnivorous and predatory category. Yet... Yet as soon as it attacks her and looks at her with those bright and vibrant eyes, she always forgets the danger and gets hypnotised by those eyes. What everyone else normally would deem it dangerous, she forgets that she should be scared or run far away but she doesn't.

Hiyam was never able to understand the meaning behind those dreams and she never even tried. They were dreams, after all-

Dreams that get broken as her eyes open to a new day.

Dreams that would never become her reality, since it was just that—a dream. And dreams have no connection to reality.

Shaking her head to dislodge herself from the dream, she looked outside to see the stunning view of sunrise over the mountains through which the train passed, surrounded by the greenery.

A smile came on Hiyam's face as she watched the scenery with glinting eyes. She was always in love with mountains and nature. This place was going to be her home for the remaining of her life.

She kept watching the landscape until the train slowed down into the station. Hiyam looked at the sign on the platform and saw the name of her destination on it. Getting up from her seat by the window and and taking hold of her one suitcase luggage and her backpack, she stepped down from the train into the cold railway station. Blowing a breath of smoke into the air, she rubbed her hands together, blowing on them.