Chapter Thirty-Seven - Don't play the player

Enjoy!

I extended my hand to a scared fifteen-year-old girl who was looking at me like she had seen a ghost

I extended my hand to a scared fifteen-year-old girl who was looking at me like she had seen a ghost. "Ace Clarke Harding," I told her with a soft smile.

She shook my hand for a second before she pulled back, "I know who you are..." she managed to say before she looked around me. "Where's Hannah and Sebastian?"

I could see the unease on her face, "They are at home, waiting for you"

"Sebastian said he will be here..."

"He had some last-minute business to attend to, I can assure you that you're safe with me" I smiled.

She clutched her bag closer to her chest before nodding, she followed me to my car and I opened the passenger side door for her. She mumbled a quick thank you before she slid into the seat and fastened her seatbelt. I walked around the hood and settled into the driver's seat. I started to drive, glancing at her every two seconds.

"He really looked up to you" her voice was so low that I barely heard it.

"Who?" I asked.

"Aaron." she sighed with a sad smile. "You are still the football legend in Richmonte High, no one had beaten your records and then you went to Harvard and became the captain of Harvard Crimson football. Aaron wanted that..."

My heart drowned in my chest, "I'm so sorry, Tessa—"

She cut me off, shaking her head. "No, Aaron deserves it. He is the reason he lost everything"

I nodded, not knowing what to say.

"Thank you for everything your family is doing for me," she said, smiling at me. "I really wanted to meet you after all the amazing things I have heard about you at school. You are still famous among girls" she laughed. "Because of Aaron, I actually look up to you as well"

I laughed too. "I wasn't a really good guy in school. I was a complete douchebag. You shouldn't believe everything they say about me."

She shrugged. "Most of the high school girls like douchebags"

I raised an eyebrow, casting her a sideways glance. "Are you into douchebags?"

She paled; her smile fell. "What? No, I'm not into anyone"

I bit back a grin at her cute expression. "Good, since you are a part of my family now that makes you my little sister. I guess that also makes it my duty to keep those douchebags away from you and trust me, I'm very protective of my girls"

"Will you teach me?" she asked.

"Being a douchebag?" I laughed, not having the slightest idea what she was asking for.

"Football"

My eyebrows pinched together. "You want to play football?"

"Yeah!" she nodded enthusiastically.