Chapter 14 ➼︎ Nurse Fiona!

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"No Jo it is not you" I softly say with a smile. I hated to lie to her.

"I know you are lying to my face Fiona March! I can always tell when you lie! Your right eye twitches" she retorts. "You are wanting to leave because of Laurie isn't that right?" she challenges me.

We have a stare down in the kitchen.

"Yes" I shamefully admit. "It is hard being here near him. At Meg's I would be away" I tell her. "I am sorry, but it still hurts me"

"But if you only knew what he said to me the other day" she begins.

"I really do not want to hear anything of what you two talk about" I grumble.

"Even if it was about you?" she asks me.

"Even if it was about me" I tell her.

"What is going on? Can you use help before dinner?" Meg says as she comes in.

"Meg! Just the person I wanted to see! I needed to ask you something" I tell her happily.

"Do not listen to her" grumbles Jo.

Meg looks confused as she is stuck in the middle of us.

•✿︎︎•

"The baby is going to be a lot of work. And you will need extra hands. Can I? May I be of service to you and John? I can move in. And help everyday" I offer to her.

"You have never babysat. A child will keep you up all night" she worries. "It is a very kind offer" she tells me.

I take her aside away from Jo's listing ears.

"I need to get out of here. Or I might end up going back home. And I do not wish to do that to my family. But it hurts deeply inside being near Laurie daily" I tell her softly. "I am sure you can understand. I would be of great help and the baby would not bother me the slightest" I promised her.

She smiles at me. "I know you are taking this break up so hard." she sighs. "Alright you can move in. Let me talk to John first. I am sure he will be on board with the idea" says Meg.

I hug her. "Oh, thank you thank you Meg!"

"Have you talked to Laurie since Jo came home?" wonders Meg curiously.

I shake my head. "No"

"I think you should before you take off on him" Meg tells me.

"He will not miss me at all with Jo back" I scoff.

"I am not so sure about that" Meg says with a smile.

"Fiona the pies need to cool off can you set them on the window sill in the back?" Marmee asks me.

"Of course I can Marmee" I answer her.

I go get one pie then the next setting it out to cool. They sure smelled so good. My tummy growls at me with hunger.

It was close to dinner time here.

•✿︎︎•

"Fiona?"

"Laurie?"

"Hello" he answers looking shy almost. He smiles.

"How have you been doing?" I question as my heart leaps in my throat.

It hurt to look at him.
He was so handsome.

"I am doing well thank you. And you?" he wonders.