Trouble child

HARRY
Students flooded into the halls, amazed at the sheer skills it must have took to rebuild the entire dredged school.

"Bloody hell they actually kept it perfectly the same?? HAHA HARRY LOOK!!" He pointed to an engraving me and Ron made in a piece of soft lime stone when we were only in our 3rd year. It said 'ging+4eyes 4ver'.
I kid you not.

"No way she kept that in" i clasped a hand over my mouth as we all laughed until I turned to look at Draco and noticed he seemed upset "Draco?"

He turned away from me and continued walking, fast as he could it seemed. With that little strut he'd fashioned since 1st year.

That nice little ass swinging awa-

LIAM!!

Yes, mate?

For fucks- never mind

I followed him, trying my hardest to match his speed, finding it difficult, even though I'm taller than him and was about 5 paces in front of him 5 minutes ago?

It's the twink strut, mate, int no way yer catchin upt' that unless yer an angry Scot.

You're so bloody weird

"Draco, what's wrong??" I managed to grab hold of his arm and I pulled him to the side so we wouldn't be trampled and squished like forgotten children's toys under car seats.

Ooo that's a nice metaphor lad, mind if I knick it?

Y'what? What the fuck for?

Writing a book innit

Yenno dunt have time to deal wi you.

"Harry it's just that..." he sighed loudly "ugh it's just- you and Ron... you were always so close. Like- always. And that... on the wall it just-"

"Wait. You think I fancy Ron?" I pointed with my thumb back to the group which honestly I don't even know if they're still there.

"Well... you were really close in school... I remember when you got drunk after the tournament and kept telling him how much you fancy him and you wouldn't mind-" I covered his mouth quickly and you could tell from my bursting eyes and pursed lip I didn't want to hear what came out of his mouth

"Yeah yeah- well I wa drunk. And, I actually liked you then y'know?" He definitely didn't because he looked up from his sad puppy-in-the-rain apparel he was giving me. "Yeah. I want saying that about Ron. It was... about you. Ron just didn't hear me say your name. He thought I was saying dragon apparently... but I had just done the 1st competition. Draco... if you want I will scrape that engraving off the wall if it would make you feel better?"

He traced the dusty ground with his pretty little feet, clearly thinking it over. He shrugged in his arms crossed position and looked up at me
"I trust you."

Don't ask me why
But for whatever reason
Those words felt like a fire in my chest.
Burning a hole in my heart and lungs till I couldn't breath or speak
Like I'd swallowed a match and tried to cough it back up

"Thank you"

The words almost came out like a choked sob and he heard it

Of course he fucking heard it

"Harry? Are you ok?" He lifted his arm and pressed his cold hand against my warm cheek.

Yes. Cold.

I leaned into the embrace of cold marble and pressed my own hand against the back of his

"Merlin, Harry you're burning up??" He pressed both hands against my cheeks then my forehead.