Home.

THIRD PERSON POV
"Draco..." harry, still beneath Draco, shook his delicate body gently
"we're home" the words melting out of his mouth as he spoke them, smooth like butter through his teeth. He smiled, wrinkles tugging at his cheeks like fish hooks, pulling back his lips; stretching them so much it hurt. Dracos feathered lashes flew open at the words and he smiled the same, as cold and lovely as frost on a windowpane.
"Home..." Draco's hushed voice dripped into the air like honey and buzzed in your ears like a bee.
Gods he's so sweet.
Harry might as well have said it aloud, sung it to the clouds like a sunrise.
Draco rolled off Harry and stretched, Harry standing and towering behind him. He wrapped his large arms around his tiny ribs like a baby bird.
Their warmth hung there together like sun prickling on your skin, souls entangled but not quite reaching with skin against skin.

*knock knock*

"C'mon, lads, let's get a move on!" Pansy chirped from outside of the compartment.
Harry let out a soft grunt, squeezing Draco one last time before letting go and sliding open the compartment door sharply.

"Parkinson" he stared down at her before pushing her out of the way gently and going to leave the train, Draco following close behind. Trying not to seem too much like a loyal dog type and more a 'we're just going the same way' type.

Failing horribly.

"Potter stop walking so bloody fast"

"I can't help having long legs, mal" Harry called as he stepped out of the train

Draco scoffed "yeah for like 2 bloody months" he rolled his eyes before a hand appeared and yanked him out of the train. Harry, of course.

"Oh they definitely fucked" Pansy said in a half disgusted half proud tone.

Hermione, jabbing Pansy in the side with her elbow, walked past with the utmost urgency and importance, as usual. "Stop being silly Pansy, and, by the way, we shouldn't subject the boys to such derogatory themes when they really could just be friends" of course, Hermione already knew this wasn't true but still...

Probably the loudest and most obnoxious laugh crackled from Pansy's throat like a wrinkled bag of crisps on a fire. "I thought you were the smart one, granger"

"Oh yeah, they've definitely shagged" Ron said as if it was the most obvious thing in existence.

Harry heard a horribly loud 'HA!' Come from the train as they were walking away.

After the amusement settled and they were bouncing away in the 'pulled by themselves' carriages they all stared at the thestrals.
At first, all shocked other than Draco, Harry and Luna, the others stared in disbelief until they realised why they could now see them. Harry sighed almost contently at the comfort of seeing them. The memories flooded back once past the gates, the sound of rumbling cobblestone and earth beneath them, hooves clicking and singing in his ears.
If only he could have the sound on repeat.
The slosh of the first-years boats clumsily reached their ears in a sing-song rhythm.

All so close yet so distant.
So familiar yet so different.
So nostalgic but flooding each memory back.
All memories.

Draco stared emptily at the vibrating carriage, guilt decorating his icy blue stare in an ugly sheet of blank nothingness.
Harry searched helplessly at his once bright yet sly face and brought him closer to his side. He didn't care if they noticed.
Notice
They can tell them!
Now?
Is that ok?
Would now be right?
No.
Not now.
The memories fresh like open wounds, bandages being peeled away to reveal ugly scars shining in their faces like a white smile.
Now wouldn't feel right.

Harry relaxed and let himself slowly melt into the seats as everyone else did the same. A few heavy tears rolling down each face, heavy and filled with the weight of each world they can now release because he's gone.
It's over.
What's left for them is eachother.
Yes.
Home.

~authors note~
Sorry this is short my loves but I really wanted an episode focused on the ride there itself and also to have their entry one of its own. I didn't want the two to clash too much!!
I will be posting the next update soon so pls pls don't worry!!
Home soon, my children. I promise.
~Harvey