six

And so it begins. As soon as Haerin and I sat at the table that Hanni and Danielle were already at they couldn't stop questioning her. I kept trying to signal to them to shut up, but they just wouldn't get the hint.

"So how dumb is Minji be honest is there any hope for her?" I spewed my water all over me at Hanni's rude question which just caused the Vietnamese girl to snicker.

"Pham Hanni I will come over there I swear to God I will." I clench my fist into my palm to show Hanni what I will do to her if she doesn't shut her mouth immediately. Dani lightly smacks the back of Hanni's head immediately after she made that comment so at least she is on my side. "Jesus christ sorry I was just curious, you suck at math." I look to my left and Haerin's face remains pretty stoic, nothing new really.

"She's improving a lot, she is a fast learner." Haerin said it with confidence. I know she isn't saying much but it feels nice that she has confidence that I can get better. I've always struggled with math and was just trying to get by, but now I want to get better. I want to understand, and that's thanks to her.

"At least Haerin believes in me." I say with a smug smirk mostly directed towards Hanni which just stuck out her tongue at me in return. I turn to the younger girl that's next to me and can tell that she is starting to feel uncomfortable. I look towards Dani because she is usually good at keeping a conversation. Dani clearly gets the signal because she immediately starts firing more questions.

"So are you in any clubs at school? Or maybe a hobby you enjoy?" If this little meeting has taught me anything it is that I know almost nothing about Haerin. All I know is that she is smart, pretty, and doesn't talk that much.

"No, I don't have much time for clubs. I do enjoy arts like painting, reading, writing, things like that." She really does give off an artistic vibe so that all makes sense. I feel kinda bad that I haven't asked her much about herself before now. Well technically she hasn't asked anything about me either.

"Wow that's awesome if you're into photography as well, We are looking for more members for the photography club. I'm president so if you want to join you can just come whenever." Dani gave Haerin one of her big sparkling smiles that absolutely no one can resist.

"I really can't. I'm sorry my schedule is really packed between tutoring and after school activities." Haerin bows her head in apology and Dani just waves her off telling her it was okay that the offer is always up whenever she is free.

"Anyways let's talk about something interesting. So Haerin, are you a trainee at Hybe?" Hanni again with her intrusive questions that are absolutely unwarranted. I felt Haerin freeze for a second as her eyes widened. Maybe she really is oh my god. I'm being tutored by a future idol. Maybe I should get her autograph...Jesus Minji stop being so stupid.

"No."

"But you are so pretty I'm sur-"

"I need to use the bathroom. I'll be back." I get up so Haerin can slide out of the booth and head towards the restrooms. I'm sure she's upset by the way she didn't even let Hanni finish her sentence. I knew this wouldn't go well.

"Fuck Hanni can't you just stop being nosy for 10 seconds." I slump back into my seat, throwing my head on the table. Hanni just scoffs sitting back slurping on her iced coffee.

"Well Jesus if I knew she would storm off like that at a simple question I wouldn't have asked." Dani pinches Hanni on the leg who just yelps in response. "Why are you nice to everyone but me, Dani?!?!?" Hanni scoots as far away from Dani as possible, basically sitting halfway off their side of the booth.

"Because sometimes you can be a real asshole. When Haerin gets back you need to apologize to her." Hanni rolls her eyes but doesn't argue with Danielle. She never really argues with Dani, she usually just complies.