9

"Stop looking so gloomy!" Florence slapped my arm, not so gently, might I add making me hiss in pain. Glaring at her, I got up from the bed and walked out of the room. She was not wrong, I just wasn't in the best state of mind right now. It has been two days since I have been back from all the shooting and Talon and my mind and feelings have been an emotional turmoil since then.

The look on Talon's face when he confessed about Celeste was so heartbreaking that I think my heart broke into a million pieces just then. It's still taking me a lot to process that night and I am yet to figure out how was I supposed to confess the same to Celeste.

I considered her as my sister and I would sure as hell not let my sister get away with cheating, even more when the person on whom she cheated on was my most favourite person in the whole wide world. It was a bitch move of her to just tag along the relationship with Talon for popularity, a real shit move.

I have been ignoring her calls and messages, avoiding her on social media and what not. Because I knew that if she would as much as open her mouth, I'd flip. My patience level was zero when it came to cheaters and the fact that my cousin was one? Oh heavens, help me.

The video got uploaded yesterday and the fans were getting berserk. My instagram followers had increased by ten thousand in just a day which might just help me with my painting career. I wasn't doing bad, but free promotion is the best promotion I believe.

Now, there are tonnes of #Celon fans, but after yesterday one more hashtag has been trending which was #Allon and I don't know how I feel about it. I love Talon, I love Celeste and I never thought I would be the one hoping they both breakup. No, not because I was obsessed over him, but because she cheated. Not once, not twice, not thrice, but for constant two months.

This was wrong on all the levels that there are.

"Come on, Lana. I know this video fucked you up totally from inside, but you can't be stuck on him forever, babe. I am not asking you to put a full stop on your crush over him, but you need to tone it down a bit for your sake. Maybe take this as an inspiration and pour it out in the form of art, also known as your magical painting? Make it in your favour and not the opposite, Lana." She was right, one hundred percent, just like always, except when she asked me to try black coffee; disgusting to say the least. Also when she thought I'd look good in a neon coloured blouse, worse spent of my life and also when she said that stale Tacos won't make me poop; okay, maybe not always, but this time she was.

Maybe I needed this.

I don't know.

It's all messed up.

My feelings, my relationship with my cousin, my love for Talon. The only good thing that came out good was Jackson, we've been constantly texting each other and by constantly, I mean anytime we are free and not literally everytime because we were two grown adults who needed to earn in order to survive.

Jackson had asked me to hangout this Thursday because his workload on weekends was usually high and I obviously agreed because I set up my own schedule. Painting was something I didn't do at any given point, I needed inspiration, my mind needed to be at peace, I needed to be in an environment that motivated me and usually I was at peace. Except these few days.

Maybe going out with Jackson would actually help me clear my mind out and I'd tag Florence with me as well because I believe they both will hit it off pretty nicely.

"Yo, Flo!" I called her from the living room.

"WHAT?!" She yelled back from her room.

"WILL YOU BE FREE THIS THURSDAY?"

"WHY?"

"I WAS PLANNING ON MURDERING YOU! SO, YES OR NO?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"AFTER 5:30." She replied and I nodded my head. That'd do.

"OKAY."

~

"You've got to be kidding me." I murmured before turning my back and getting ready to head out of Walmart.

What were the chances of me being in Walmart at the same time as Talon? I thought they were zero, turns out they are not. Groceries can wait a few hours, my mental stability won't if he started talking to me.

"Wait, Alana?" Well, shit.

"Oh, Talon, hi." My fake enthusiasm was for sure caught on by him because he let out a small laugh and remarked, "Trying to run away, are we?"

"What, no. Why would I want to run out?" Is it the right time to admit that I was feeling embarrassed?

"Because you are walking away from Walmart without buying anything?" Damn you!

"How's everything going?" Smooth.

"Could have been much better with you." He winked and I blushed. What else could a girl completely head over heels for a guy do?

"How is Jackson?" Even though I know he is perfectly fine and we are meeting up the day after tomorrow.

"You would know, wouldn't you? You guys have been constantly texting to and forth all day." He accused and almost sounded like a jealous boyfriend. Oh, how I wish!

"That's not true!"

"You are a pretty bad liar, sweetheart."

"I am not your fake girlfriend anymore, stop calling me that." Because it breaks my heart.

"Would you say yes if I propose you right now?" Say what again?

"Talon!" He grinned cheekily and stepped closer. Our toes touching and his cologne hit my nose in a way that would melt my entire existence away.

"Yes, just like that. Scream for me baby." He whispered and my eyes widened at his bold remark. My heart started fluttering and I was left dumbfounded. What was this that I was experiencing? My body was jolting with tingles and sparks and he wasn't even touching me.

"What happened to you? Since when did you become so naughty?" The last sentence came out of my mouth before my brain could process anything, "Erm, I mean. . . not like, uh—"

"Since I met a girl named Alana." His sweet voice entered my ears as he shifted even closer, "Celeste told me that you have a crush on me, but why does it feel like that I have a crush on you?" He kissed my cheek and walked off leaving me baffled in the middle of Walmart.

What. Just. Happened.

•••••••

Writing this chapter as I travel in a train after a long time.