36: Home Sweet Home

Midoriya had been in a state of unrest since All Might left. His mentor had been very vague about where he was going and when or even if he would be back. 

The way their last phone call went made it sound like he wasn't coming back, at least not full time. He had called where he was now 'home'. He hadn't called the teacher's dorms that ever, in all the time he had stayed there. Midoriya wasn't even sure he had heard the hero call his actually supposed permanent residence in Tokyo home before. 

He didn't really know how to feel about that. It reshaped how he thought about their time together. Midoriya had thought of U.A as home, and he had assumed All Might had too. Turns out, it was just him. 

The teen wanted to feel bitter about it, and to an extent he did, but really he just wanted to know why All Might didn't think of that as home. There was nothing wrong with U.A. 

The boy had his thoughts interrupted when the bus stopped, the screen at the front announcing it was the last stop. 

At this point in the long journey from Musutafu to the countryside it was just Izuku, an old lady and two other teenagers. From their conversation, Izuku gathered that this was their hometown and they were heading home for a bit. 

There was that word again. Home. 

What was home to other people? Where was home? What defined it? 

Izuku loved to ramble, out loud and in his head. No amount of music had been able to drown out this questioning internal dialogue. 

Realizing he was now alone on the bus as the second student stepped off, Izuku scrambled to grab his backpack and duffle bag. He bowed and thanked the bus driver as he disembarked. 

The bus stop was virtually non-existent being that it was just a bench and a sign. As the bus drove away, Izuku looked around for All Might. He was supposed to be picking him up. 

As it turned out, the bus had been obscuring his mentor as the moment it moved Izuku saw the man wave from the other side of the road. Looking both ways, because he was a responsible person, Izuku rushed across the street. 

"All Might! Its been so long! I've got so much I have to tell you and you have so much to catch me up on. I've missed you as a heroic teacher and I can't wait for-" 

All Might chucked a little as he pushed Izuku into the passenger seat of the car they were standing in front of. 

"I missed you too, young Midoriya." The man said, "However, it may be wise not to advertise my identity." He climbed into the car and gestured to the students, who were staring at them and furiously whispering to each other. 

Izuku flushed red with embarrassment at his eagerness and closed the door to the car, silently pulling the seat belt around himself. 

"Sorry All Mig-" He stopped himself from finishing the name. 

The former hero chucked. "You can call me by my real name, Yagi Toshinori in case you've forgotten, or you can call me All Might. Just not in public, I don't want to cause problems for the locals around here." He explained, starting up the car and pulling into the road. 

It was a strange atmosphere. Maybe not strange, but unusual. 

Every interaction they had was coloured by their positions as mentor and mentee. By heroics as a whole. 

There was nothing heroic about the drive from a bus stop to a house. There was nothing heroic about the soft sounds of the car, the cold air outside or the warm air inside. 

And Izuku didn't know what to do. 

As they pulled up to the traditional house, All Might turned to face his successor. "So, I have to give you a bit of warning, I don't think you're prepared for who you're about to meet.". 

Millions more thoughts ran through the student's head. Did All Might have a secret family? A lover? A child?! Was Todoroki right this whole time?? 

"You already look like you're about to faint. Are you alright, young Midoriya?" Toshinori asked, fretting over the teen. 

"I'm okay." Izuku answered so quickly that the words were barely understandable. All Might nodded and the two walked up to the door. 

"We're here!" Toshinori called out into the house as he removed his shoes. Izuku followed suit, placing his neatly in the genkan. 

"Welcome back.". 

The voice sounded familiar, but it wasn't until Shigaraki Tomura himself rounded the corner that Izuku could put a face to the sound. 

But it wasn't the Shigaraki he was used to. The man was in a dark blue sweater and baggy grey jeans and the multiple hands were no where to be found. 

Most shocking of all he had a toddler that was almost completely identical to him on his hip, cuddling into his side. The toddler was staring intently at Izuku, furrowing their brow for a moment before smiling. 

"Hi-hi! I'm Ichigo!" The baby greeted, smiling brightly and waving. Saying things twice was a new phase for them, and it was so cute no one had the heart to correct them. 

Izuku started waving back, his body catching up before his brain. 

"All Might...what, I-no he-how did...who is..." 

"Toshinori, I think I broke him." Tomura snorted, finding a bit of humor in the situation. At this point he was used to that reaction to Ichigo. He had been good at hiding the fact he had a child, at least until he was caught. 

"I think perhaps I should have explained beforehand." The man said, casting a worried look at his successor. "I just thought that it would be easier for him to see it and process it himself.". 

"Daddy is he okay?" Ichigo asked, also giving Izuku a concerned look. 

"To be honest I don't know." Tomura replied, turning to the hero student. "You alright? Is this too much all at once?". 

As if Izuku didn't have enough to process, now Shigaraki, the man who had put him on a 'kill list' according to the training camp attack, was worried about him. It sounded so natural too, and it was creating such a dissonance in the poor teen's head. 

"I'll go get him a glass of water." Tomura said before walking away. Ichigo stared over their father's shoulder, unable to take their eyes off of Izuku. 

"I have a feeling we are going to need it." 

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Wassup guess who's not dead. 

That's right, I am neither deceased nor am I abandoning my account. 

I just had the flu....

Its not a very interesting explanation 😅

I feel like I don't live up to the whole 'fanfic author updating after being hit by a bus' thing cause I was just out sick for two weeks with the flu. 

I mean it was a really bad flu, don't get me wrong. I felt like death warmed over (is that expression people use outside of where I'm from idk if you'll get that) 

But now that my temperature is below 'killing humans' level and my immune system can finally take a break I'm back to updating! 

Good to see you guys again and stay tuned, also sorry for the short chapter I'm still super tired from not sleeping or eating for like two weeks lol.