Ready

Clarke bites her lip anxiously, waiting outside Bellamy's tent. He walks out and gives her a reassuring smile. "Let's go and ask the Chancellor" he says, taking her hand and weaving through groups of people. "There!" Clarke points at the entrance to the Ark Station. Abby is hovering at the doors, talking to Kane. Bellamy tugs Clarke forwards and they approach her. Clarke clears her throat. "Mom?"
Abby glances up, her smile fading when she sees their hands. They don't let go this time, though. "Yes, Clarke?" she enquires, disapproval etched on her face. "We need your approval, as Chancellor, to let us go to find, and kill, Emerson" Bellamy says, eager to leave.
Abby nods. "Okay, you, Octavia and Lincoln can go."
Clarke fills with frustration. "I need to go as well!" she says fiercely. Abby frowns at her. "No. You are staying here" she orders, annoyance creeping into her voice. Clarke turns away. "I am going, and you won't stop me. You may be Chancellor, but I am the Leader of these people. I decide what to do to benefit my people" she says, and swiftly walks away with Bellamy. Abby watches them go, but makes no move to stop them, knowing what Clarke said is true.
~~~~~
Bellamy taps Clarke's shoulder. "They're ready" he says, voice low enough for only Clarke to hear. She nods, rising from the log by the fire and brushing off ash. The two walk around the backs of the tent, darkness giving them cover, and slip behind the Ark. Octavia, Lincoln and Raven are waiting by the fence, with Raven prying it open.
"The power's off, for now. You don't have long before it kicks in again, so make sure that you're through when it does" she warns, and steps back, revealing a dent between the wires. "Lets go. Quickly" Clarke says. Octavia climbs through, followed by Lincoln.
"It's a tight fit, but you'll make it" Octavia informs them. "After you, Princess" Bellamy smirks. Clarke clambers through and as she straightens up on the other side, she hears a faint crackling sound. She meets Bellamy's eyes with horror.
The power is coming back on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok guys, sorry this is so short but I felt that I should post this now, because it has been so long since I updated. Hopefully after this week, school will have calmed down and I can concentrate on writing more!
Hope you enjoyed this, and thank you for reading.
JustDrum xoxo