May We Meet Again

• I do not own The 100 or any of its characters, this fanfiction is purely for fun and to hopefully satisfy all my other Bellarkers ! •

The gates are opened with a loud grating sound, and Clarke watches her people become reunited with their families. She smiles grimly, telling herself she had made the right decision. She has made up her mind. Now there was just one problem.

Bellamy, stood at the side of the gate, catches Clarke's eyes and crosses over to her. "I think we both deeserve a drink" he says, keeping his eyes on the frail people shuffling into their camp. Clarke nods slightly. "Have one for me" she replies, unmoving.
"We'll get through this, Princess" Bellamy says.
Clarke shakes her head, staring at the ground. "I'm not going in" she says.
Bellamy turns to look at her, realising what she was doing. "Clarke, if you need forgiveness... I'll give that to you" he says, voice wavering. Clarke just looks at him sadly. "You're forgiven" Bellamy says, hints of desperation in his voice. Clarke looks away. "Please come inside" he says.
"Take care of them for me" Clarke tells him, lifting her eyes to meet his desperate ones.
"Clarke" Bellamy pleads, panic rising inside him.
"I see their faces everyday, and it's just going to remind me of what I did to get them here" Clarke tries to explain.
"What WE did!" Bellamy shakes his head, continuing. "You don't have to do this alone" he says, tears in his eyes, voice unsteady.
Clarke looks at her people. "I bear it, so they don't have to" she says sadly.
Bellamy looks at her in desperation. "Where are you gonna go?" he asks, staring at her.
Clarke meets his eyes. "I don't know." Bellamy looks down. Clarke steps closer and wraps him in a hug, kissing his cheek. Bellamy holds onto her tightly. "May we meet again" Clarke says, her voice cracking. She moves back, taking a deep breath, refusing to look at him, and starts to walk away.
Bellamy grabs her hand. "Clarke, don't leave. We can work it out. I need you here" he says, searching her eyes.
Clarke looks at him with pain etched on her face. "I can't stay." With that, she gently pulls herself from his grip and walks towards the forest.
Bellamy stands there, watching her go. He turns away. "May we meet again, Princess" he murmurs, loud enough for Clarke to hear. She slows, but keeps moving forwards. Bellamy looks at her again, and heads into the open gates of Camp Jaha.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I have changed and added some stuff into this, but I hope you enjoyed it. Here's the link to watch the goodbye scene, it is heartbreaking... for me at least.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rI577oQBGck