Chapter 4: Raphael

Y/N POV

You slept wonderfully that night, you hadn't felt that safe or had that much fun in ages. You softly groan as you start waking up. You feel something smooth against your cheek, it wasn't a pillow that's for sure, and something warm and heavy was wrapped around your shoulders and draped over your right side.

You blink your eyes open slowly and yawn. The first thing you see is April, Leo, Donnie and Mikey staring at you.

"Huh,..? Oh you guys what's uh...?" You start to ask before realizing that the only other person who was there was Raphael and you couldn't see him currently. Your face starts out pink but quickly becomes as red as Raphael's bandana. You finally realized, you had fallen asleep on Raph and he was still asleep himself.

You look up at him and then back at everyone else. "Guys what should I do?" You ask in a soft but urgent tone.

"Just relax and stay put." Mikey tells you "you guys look so comfy together and Raph could use the rest." He says and he gets up to go make breakfast. "Now, who's helpin me make pancakes?" He asks

"I'll help Mikey." April offers.

"Oh can we have fruit with them?" Leo asks. And they follow Michelangelo to the kitchen. Donatello had already spirited himself away to his lab so you and Raph were alone. You sigh and just relax yourself back against Raphael. You felt extremely safe here with him.

Within the next couple minuets you sense that Raphael was waking up. He yawns and his legs flex in a wake up stretch. His eyes open and you just look up at him, admiring him. He was the perfect combination of teen and turtle, he really fit in a unique niche that no one else could ever fill.

He blinks a few times before looking down at you, his eyes widen. "Oh I uh,.. hey Y/N.." he says sheepishly as he moves his arm. "Sorry,.. if I made you uncomfortable there."

'How can someone be this cute?' You wonder to yourself as you sit up on your own "It's no problem, I actually slept very well." You tell him gently, your hands in your lap clasped together. "Did you sleep alright Raphael?"

"Oh me?" He chuckled "Raph can sleep anywhere, no problem." He says with a smile. "So is everyone else in the kitchen? I smell pancakes." He says getting excitedly

You giggle "Yep they are."

"Well let's go! If we ain't there Leo and April will snag the best ones!" He gets up and you follow him to the kitchen. Mikey had several pans on the stovetop and was flipping one pancake at the moment. April was mixing up more batter and there was a fresh coat of white flour on her cloths. Leo was chopping up fruit and of course eating some here and there.

Both you and Raph smile at the scene before going in to assist. You happily enjoy a family centered breakfast with everyone. It was so nice to have more friends your age, a new place to come hang out. You smile just watching everyone talk and laugh together, it was amazing.

Since you were now a friend they clue you in on some of New York's dangerous secrets. First things first there were plenty of villains about, both human and not. For example, there were a few Yokai, mystics that live in a hidden city under New York.

There were two extremely dangerous Yokai they mention. One seemed to be a woman called Big Mama. She was described to you as a monstrous spider Yokai who ran a sort of fighting ring called the Battle Nexus. The other yokai was described as some sort of warrior scientist sheep man. His name was Barron Draxum.

The boys explain their first meeting with Draxum and how his experimental bugs escaped into the human world. They call them oozquitos and if you get bit you will mutate. Several of their known villains are mutants created by these bugs.