Chapter 3: Run. They will shoot you.

TW: slight panic
Angst
major confusion

-----------------------

"What is that?"

"What are you even asking, it's a monster of course!"

"Or an Alien."

"Did you miss the news?"

"What news?"

Distant voices made their way to Reak's mind, slowly waking from their painful slumber.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let the police handle this, please."

"Listen to the police. What if it attacks us?"

What was going on? Confusion. They were confused. Why did their chest hurt? It hurt. It hurt a lot. Where were they? outside? It's warm. Very warm.

"IT MOVED!"

Why is he scared? What was going on?

"WAIT, THIS IS NOT A PRANK!?"

Prank? What prank?

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?"

That? That what?

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY! IT'S ONE OF THOSE MONSTERS TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE!?"

What? Monsters? Take over the universe?

"Please calm down, everyone. We have everything under control.", a female voice said calmly, but a hint of panic evident in their speech.

"Ugh", the teen groaned, forcing their orbs to open, only to be met with bright colors and light. They forced their sensitive eyes shut again, blinking a few times. The voices grew clearer by the second, reality slowly setting in the teens mind.

"SHOULD WE FLEE?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN FLEE?"

"THIS IS THE WORST PRANK EVER!"

"Please calm yourselves. As my college said before, we have everything under control."

Reak opened their eyes fully, looking around disoriented. There were people everywhere, circling them. And the police? What did the police do there? And why did it feel so warm all of a sudden? It hurt.

"IT'S LOOKING AT US!!", a male said in panic. Reak looked at the brunette with a questioning gaze. Though, the crowd didn't grow quieter, but only louder and louder, unsettling the teen that was being encircled.

watched the police looking at them cautiously. They didn't do anything wrong, right? They didn't break the law? So why was the police here?

And why did their body hurt?

The policewoman and man exchanged two glances, nodding, while one started a conversation carefully. "Excuse us,... But could we ask you to come with us?", she asked, making Reak focus on her. The teen looked at the woman in question.

"Uh-", they started, cutting themselves off mid reply. That didn't sound correct.

Their voice..
Their voice!
Their voice was different!

Why was it different?
What was going on?
Their chest hurt.
Where were they?
Why were they on the streets?
It hurt.
Why was the police here?
Why were people panicking?
Wh-