👑 팔_ 2.08 (시즌의 끝) 👑

EIGHT: YEONJUN AND THE SANG-INCIDENT

👑

Seven months ago

"Jung Wooyoung... where are you now....?" Yeonjun wanted to shout, but the pain in his stomach was unbearable. Tears fell down on his face as he saw the woman walk around. Yeonjun was only able to realize later, that parts of her body were burnt. A fourth degree burn, he established.

"Life is not a game, Choi Yeonjun." she said. "And it ends once, for all of us."

"Y-yes it is..." he groaned. "We're all part of a life and death play." he put all his strenght into his elbows, trying to get up. "Jung Wooyoung!" he interjected. "But you're right. It ends for all of us." he spoke more and more, taking deep breaths, so he won't lose his conscience. "So what's the point of playing? Why do you want to live forever?"

"You know damn well!" she snapped at the agent.

"Hwayoung-ssi. I know you're very angry about what happened, but you need to know, that I have lost someone.... in that accident."

"It was not an accident, Choi Yeonjun! You and your friends wanted to kill us! Ironic, how you became the person you are today."

"Why would I want to kill you? I knew nothing about you! All I knew is that you were Junhwan's friend..."

"Hwanie was my best friend! And you murdered him!"

Yeonjun's gaze softened.

"Seo Junhwan? It's all because of him?"

"He was in love with you, Choi Yeonjun. And you burned him to death for that."

"What are you saying? He was not! And I...." he couldn't handle the pain anymore. "J-Jung Wooyoung..."

Jung Wooyoung was fighting his demons along the way to find Choi Yeonjun. "Yeonjun-ah! No..."

"Agent Jung, where have you been? He was calling for you, but now look at him... he gets what he deserves..."

Wooyoung didn't understand the last sentence. Yeonjun does not deserve this!

"I know he wasn't the best back in hiigh school, but you can't blame him for an accident!"

"What you see..." she pointed at her burned body. "is not all he did. He murdered my best friend, who was in love with him!"

Wooyoung didn't know whether to laugh or cry. All Yeonjun had told him about the boy who died in an accident, was that he saw him a few times in the hallways! He didn't know the boy had feelings for Yeonjun. He was too stunned to speak. His body froze for a moment.

"Do you know what Hwanie's last words were?!" she moved closer to the agent. Wooyoung signaled for her to continue. "It was 'Hwayoungie, I'm letting myself burnt by his flames.' right into my eyes, with a bright smile! I could've saved him! Just like Choi Yeonjun, who made eye contact with him in his last minutes! I met him. I didn't know it was him, who created the fire back then, so I helped him! How did I not get the reference?"

5 years ago...

Choi Yeonjun was the definition of trouble in his high school years. He was best friends with the class president, Choi Soobin, and the unbothered genius, Kang Taehyun. However, this friend group was legendary among the whole school, so of course people from lower grades wanted to at least speak to these celebrities. One of them was Seo Junhwan, a somophore. He did everything to get the group, especially Choi Yeonjun's attention.