👑 칠_ 2.07 👑

SEVEN: WAR IS OVER, BUT AT WHAT COST?

👑

Yeonjun and Kai unfortunately completely forgot about their work while being occupied with the cake, and having deep conversations while eating it.

However, their reflexes didn't change. They slowly put their forks down and pulled out their guns after hearing steps. They were carefully holding into them, while hearing someone's boots stepping behind them. The next thing they noticed, was a weapon aimed at Yeonjun's temple.

"Don't move." The man behind them called out.

Huening Kai was afraid of death. He wanted to stay young and live forever. And dying like this, by a murderer's hand, was not the way he planned to die, especially not as this young age.

"Don't be scared, Kai. We aren't dying today." Yeonjun whispered, and put his hand on Kai's. As the murderer noticed this, he immediately pulled their hands apart, and pushed Kai on the floor.

"Get him!" he shouted to the other person in the room.

The person grabbed Kai and pulled out a gun as well.

"Lee Minho." Yeonjun sighed. "It's the FBI."

"I know damn well, it's written on your vest!"

"The others are going to find us in seconds, it's over for you two."

It's over for you two. Minho wasn't ready to get separated from his lover. Kim Seungmin was literally his everything. Everything he lived for. Never being able to touch his lover was something painful even to think about. How could he live without Seungmin?

"Say that one more time and I'll kill you."

"You aren't brave enough."

"Be careful with what you say!"

"Lee Minho and Kim Seungmin are over." Yeonjun pronounced this sentence clearly and loudly. "How did that feel?"

Minho's grip tightened on the gun, as he put it closer to Yeonjun's temple. Yeonjun pretended not to be scared. He took a few deep breaths to slow down his heart rate. 

"You wanna know how it felt, huh-" Minho's speech was interrupted by a sound much louder than his own voice. A gunshot. Minho and Yeonjun's entire bodies froze down to the sound coming suspiciously close from them. 

Minho's lips quivered as the depriving sight of the body soaking in blood, and the young man silently crying beside it. Minho let out a scream full of despair, quickly kneeling down beside the body, and pushing Huening Kai away by force, careless about getting blood on his knees. Yeonjun couldn't read his emotions after he knelt down, all he knew, was that it wasn't supposed to happen this way. This night was probably the first time he felt empathy towards Lee Minho. Huening Kai made a huge mistake, and he knew that as well, judging by the way he crumbled. He couldn't believe his hands did such sinful thing as murder. Does his first ever case as a B.A.U agent really have to end this way? How could he be so undiscreet? 

Minho was heard sniffing loudly after several minutes of silence. "My only reason to live..." he mumbled. His pants were also soaking in blood now, but that didn't stop him from getting revenge for the last time. "Kai!" Choi Yeonjun shouted from the depths of his throat, pushing his partner. It all happened so fast, Huening Kai couldn't even process for a few minutes. He was lying by himself, realizing later that he really was by himself now, with a ringing in his ear from the harsh sound of Lee Minho's gun, he had to hear twice in a row.

"Yeonjun hyung." he called out his colleague's name after realizing what had just happened.  "Hyung! No-" he caught sight of Choi Yeonjun lying beside the chair he was sitting on before. No, no, no. This couldn't happen. How could this happen? Huening Kai the most thunderous cry he could. As he was bawling, he felt his inhales getting shorter every time he took a breath. He liked Choi Yeonjun, and he knew Choi Yeonjun started to like him more and more as well. Working with someone like Choi Yeonjun, even for a minute, was his dream ever since he joined the FBI. Now seeing him on the floor, lifeless felt like a nightmare he's still waiting to wake up from.