The days before The Quittich World Cup

Over the past few months of sending letters to Draco, Y/n's mood has lifted. He was smiling more often and he even held full conversations with most of his brothers. Y/n would stay up most nights, candle light filling the corner of his room as he waits for his owl. Nobody said anything, perhaps they think he's reading.

Tonight the candle is mostly used, its golden wax dripping onto the windowsill as Y/n's tired form tries to stay awake. He is expecting another letter with Malfoy's green stamp, charcoal ink spelling his name. Y/n rubs his tired eyes and rests his head in his arms as he looked up at the sky. He imedently spots the big dipper out of the thousand of million's of stars.

Y/n's owl hoots as it lands, waking the red head. He takes the letter and opens it, a smile still growing on his face.

Dear Y/n,
The Quittich World Cup is happening in a few days and I can't lie and say that I'm not excited to see you. We have gone all summer just writing letters and writing in the books. But I'm just saying sorry now if we ever meet within my fathers eyes. I'm not sure how he'll take you, since our fathers both have problems with eachother I--

Y/n's door opens with a soft noise of squeaking hinges. Ginny stands in Y/n's door way with a red sleep shirt and light grey sweatpants. Her hair is down, messy from sleeping. Y/n froze and placed the letter down as he turned to his sister.

"Ginny, are you okay?" She opens her mouth to answer but takes a moment to yawn. She speaks after.

"What are you still doing up?"

"Watching the stars. I've already found most of the constellations I know."

"That isn't very many." Ginny retorts with a tired smile. Y/n stands and walks to where Ginny is standing.

"So, why are you up? I think George already snuck some of mom's pumpkin pasties." Y/n tells her. She nods and turns to look down the stairs, a few turns and she would be in the kitchen.

"I wanted some water and ice, take it up to my room and cool off. Mom made my room to hot and I don't have any clean shorts. And I'm thirsty." The youngest, and only daughter, of the Weasley family complains. Y/n couldn't help but chuckle and close his door as he follows her to the kitchen.

Despite the pitch black darkness outside and the few amount of lights on, the kitchen glows a light orange. There is no magic work going on, the sponge rests on the counter, the towel is drapped over the ovens handle. Everything is at rest. Ginny opens the fridge and takes out a glass pitcher of water and takes a clean glass from the cupboard.

"Excited for the World Cup?" Y/n questions as he takes the pitcher from Ginny. She shrugs her shoulders.

"I'm just excited that Hermione is coming. At least I'll have a girl to talk to." Ginny brings the cold water to her thin lips before taking a sip. Y/n fills his glass.

"Isn't she the one Ron likes?"

"Yeah. But I think he's to much like a chicken to tell her." Ginny admits. Y/n does a evil smile before leaning towards his sister.

"So, you think Harry's cute?" Ginny's face blushed a bright red at the two words- being Harry and cute. Despite the dim lit room she knew her blush was visible. Y/n covered his mouth as he laughed. Ginny slapped him hard on the shoulder, causing some water to spill on the floor.

"You ass!" Ginny hissed with her teeth bared.

"It was just a question." Y/n defends. Without another word Ginny leaves the room, sticking her middle finger at Y/n the entire time. Y/n laughed and drank most of his water before dumping the rest in the sink before climbing off to bed. But before he did, he folded the letter and placed it in his nightstand.

'Five days before I can see Draco. Just five.'

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Y/n wakes up the next morning later then the rest of the family. By the time he got dressed everyone was already doing something. Walking down the stairs he sees his mother pouring a glass of orange juice. Y/n walks into the kitchen.

"Ah, finally. I almost thought I was going to have to send one of your siblings to get you." Molly says as she sets a plate of food at Y/n's spot. Y/n nods his head sleepily and streatches.

"Why are you tired?" Ron asks as he takes a piece of bacon from the plate on the table.

"Oh, I was watching the stars." He answers as he shoves some eggs into his mouth. Ron shrugged and walked away. Molly waves her wand, the dishes began to clean themselves.

"Me and your father will be out this afternoon. Have anything in mind for us to get?" Molly questions her son who finishes his plate. He chugged his orange juice before answering.

"Just some more ink." Y/n says.

"Are you sure? We bought you two new ink caps weeks ago." Molly reminds him. Y/n's face heats up. He didn't relize how much ink he's been using. It's almost embarrassing.

"Y. . . Yeah. I'm sure." Y/n stumbles over his words before placing his dishes in the sink and going outside.

He loves his house. It was welcoming, warm, and it just looked cool. And he loves his yard. Everyone sort of has their own signature there. Ginny has a garden, the twins have random holes made by the bludggers, Ron. . . well he stays near the kitchen, and then Y/n. Y/n has a shed not far from the house, almost like a small cabin. It's nothing special. The entire thing is made of metal and glass, the lower outside looked like stone. Inside is a small loveseat, a bookshelf, a small coffee table and a sleeping quarter made up of a large bean bag and blankets.

Y/n walks outside in his orange knitted sweater and a pair of light blue jeans, a book in his right along with his satchel. He heads straight to his little shed. Opening the door he closes it, walking to the small bookshelf he kneels down. Y/n keeps his all time favorite books in here. And for good reason too. He has always been to afraid about Fred and George pulling a prank and ruining his books. So he came up with a solution.

The glass shed has a powerful magic spell, thanks to his mother who often used it on sweets. It's simple but effective, almost like Hogwarts and the secret entrences. In order to get in you need a password. Every so often he will change it, not wanting Fred and George to over hear him and find away inside.

Y/n opened the message book, seeing his handwriting still there. He sighs, knowing that it means that Draco hasn't seen t yet. He closes the book and looks up at the sky. The clouds were turning a slight grey, rain is comming. Y/n smiled and watched the clouds, hour after hour until he heard the rain fall. Y/n stands and goes over to his bookshelf and takes a box out from beside it. Opening it he removes a metal teapot and a small glass. Lighting a match he set fire to a small candle he placed on the floor, putting the tea holder above it and setting the pot ontop. He fills it with water and adds his favorite tea.

His father bough this for him years ago. Said it was what some muggles used. Y/n quite likes it, and he found it very interesting. Rain outside pours harder, hitting the glass quicker. Y/n closed his eyes, taking in the sound of the rain. but opens them when the teapot whistles. Removing it he blows out the candle and pours himself a glass then sets the pot back on the holder. Y/n stands from the floor and goes back to his bean bag and sits down, bringing the cup to his lips.

'Draco. . .'

'I wish you were here.'

A/n:

(See top image for what the shed sort of looks like. And please tell me if you can't see it. I know sometimes it doesn't load and stuff.)

I can't wait to keep writing for this, but I need to sit down and watch the movie again. So update wont be for a while unless I have time tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy!