CHAPTER 4

"Prasthaan karo Ravan. Devi tumhare piche aayengi." Mahadev said.

"Jaisa aap kahe prabhu. JAI SHIV SHANKAR SHAMBHU !" Ravan hailed.

On the other side of Kailash, Mata Parvati sighed. Her husband was indeed Bholenath. But she has to keep the word of Mahadev.

Thus she joined her hands and from her emerged a dark fearsome goddess, wearing a skull garland around her neck and carrying weapons in her various hands. She was none other than Mata Chamunda Bhadrakali.

"Pranaam Devi." Mata Bhadrakali bowed her head.

"Devi Bhadrakali aapko Mera ek karya karna hai." Mata Parvati said with a smile.

"Aagya kare Devi." Mata Bhadrakali said.

On the other side Ravan was walking out of Kailash, he was getting suspicious as Mata Parvati has yet not come to him. He kept assuring himself that the boon of Mahadev will be fulfilled.

But again he was starting to doubt his own aradhya. After all he had asked for his wife, there cannot be any chance that he would give her away so easily.

But suddenly his doubts went away when he heard sound of anklets following him. A wide smile appeared on his face, thinking it to belong to Mata Parvati.

"Toh aap aa hi gayi devi. Chaliye, Lanka chalte hai." Ravan said and walked ahead.

He was so happy that he didn't even bother to look behind and check whether to one following him was Mata Parvati or not. But his bubble was about to be popped by none other than Narad Muni.

"Bhajaman Narayan... Lakshmi Narayan..." Narad Muni was singing before his eyes fell on Ravan.

"Narayan-Narayan ! Dashanan ! Yeh kya !?" Narad Muni exclaimed with false shock.

"Mahadev se maine Devi Parvati ko maanga hai Munivar." Ravan said with a proud smile.

"Devi Parvati ? Ek baar mud ke toh dekh lo. Narayan-Narayan !" Narad Muni said.

Ravan raised his brow, and then realised he hadn't gazed Mata Parvati even once the entire time they were walking. He had missed the chance to look at the one hailed as the most beautiful woman in the universe.

Thus he turned around to look at her, but got startled to the core seeing the fearsome Bhadrakali behind him.

"Y-Yeh kaun hai !?" Ravan asked.

"Yeh Devi Bhadrakali hai Ravan. Jai ho Mata !" Narad Muni said bowing to the goddess.

"CHHAL ! CHHAL KIYA MAHADEV NE MERE SAATH ! APNE PARAMBHAKT KO EK VARDAAN BHI NA DIYA !" Ravan roared angrily walking back towards Kailash.

"Kaha Jaa rahe ho Dashanan ?" Narad Muni asked.

"Swayam Devi Parvati ko dhundhne !" Ravan exclaimed.

Walking amidst the forest, the son of Kaikeshi heard someone singing a stuti of Mahadev with utmost sweetness in her voice.

He followed the direction from where the sound came from and saw a beautiful maiden offering flowers on a Shivling. Ravan's jaw dropped seeing her. Never has he ever seen such a beautiful woman, perfect in every way.

'Isse Sundar naari toh koi nahi. Awashya yahi Devi Parvati hai.' Ravan thought.

He walked towards her, and when she turned around to look at him, her heart stopped. The man in front of her was blessed with beauty and his arms gave away the greatness of his valour.

"Saundarya ke sujjajit. Aap hi Devi Parvati hai, jisko Mahadev ne mujhe saupa hai." Ravan said. At that the woman frowned.

"Mai Devi Parvati nahi Mandodari hu." She said.

"Aap kitna bhi kehke, kintu mujhe gyaath hai ki sarvasundari stree aap hai. Toh aap hi Devi Parvati huyi." Ravan said.

"Nahi dev. Mai Mandodari hu." She again said.

"Yadi aap chahti hai ki mai aapko Parvati nahi Mandodari kahu, toh woh swikaar hai mujhe. Bas aap mere varan ka prastaav swikaar kar, meri swarn ki Lanka ki Maharani bane." Ravan said.

"Mujhe humare niyati ke judaav ka abhaas ho raha hai. Mujhe aapke varan ka prastaav swikaar hai." Mandodari said.

"Toh chaliye Devi Mandodari. Mera Pushpak vimaan aapki pratiksha mei hai." Ravan said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Wah Ravan wah ! Wah Mahagyaani !

Jagat Mata par Kudrishti daali, bhavishya mei bhi Ravan yahi karega aur yahi uske vinaash ka karan banega ✨