PROLOGUE

Over the mountain ranges of Himalayas, the son of Kaikeshi and Sage Vishrav, known as Dashgreev for his 10 heads was flying on his Pushpak Viman, which he had just now forcefully taken from Kuber.

Exihilarated by the victory agaist his own step brother, Dashgreev and his ministers began roaming in the beautiful jungles and peaks of Himalayas.

But when they reached a particular mountain, the vimaan halted and couldn't move further. This mountain was none other than the holy Kailash.

Dashgreev and his ministers got off the vimaan to look around and understand the problem. And then came the stout attendant of the Adidev by the name of Nandi.

"Yeh Bhagwaan Shankar ka kridasthal hai. Yaha aane ki anumati aapko nahi." Nandi said.

Listening that Dashgreev became red with rage. How dare someone like that say no to him ?

"Ko ayam Shankar ?" Dashgreev asked arrogantly. (Shankar, who ?)

He walked towards the mighty Kailash despite Nandi's warning. Infact Dashgreev insulted the short and not-so pleasant looking features of Nandi and laughed called him a Vanar. This infuriated the revered vaahan of Mahadev.

"Dashgreev tu jo mujh par tiraskaarpoorvak has raha hai kyuki Mai ek vanar ke bhaati dikhta hu, toh smaran rakhna tera yeh ahankaar ek din shaktishaali vanaro ke paero tale kuchla jayega ! Yeh shraap hai Shiv-vaahan Nandi ka !" He cursed.

However Dashgreev did not give any thought to Nandi's words. The arrogantly Rakshas continued his foolish talk.

"Kis adhikaar se Shankar iss sthaan ka anand le raha hai ? Kya woh nahi janta mere aane se uss par badi aapda aayi hai ? Ruk aur dekh Nandi ! Mai kaise iss parvat ko ukhaadta hu jisne mera vimaan rokne ka dussahas kiya !" Dashgreev proclaimed.

He went towards the mountain and haughtily put his hands beneath the great Kailash and attempted to lift it up and displace it. Thunder and lightning filled the sky as the mighty moutain was lifted up by Dashgreev with great strength.

The Trikaldarshi Mahadev who was witnessing all of this, smiled and pressed his toe just a little bit harder on the ground and thus the entire Kailash mountain fell right on the arms of Dashgreev crushing it hard.

The boastful king of Rakshasas cried in pain, his scream was so loud that it frightened all the beings of the three worlds. Dashgreev repeatedly tried to free his trapped arms but his efforts were futile. He kept crying and crying in pain.

His ministers suggested him to do stuti of Mahadev and please the benevolent god.

"जटाटवीगलज्जल प्रवाहपावितस्थले
गलेऽवलम्ब्य लम्बितां भुजंगतुंगमालिकाम्‌।
डमड्डमड्डमड्डमनिनादवड्डमर्वयं
चकार चंडतांडवं तनोतु नः शिवः शिवम ॥" Dashgreev began his stuti in great pain.

"जटा कटा हसंभ्रम भ्रमन्निलिंपनिर्झरी ।
विलोलवी चिवल्लरी विराजमानमूर्धनि ।
धगद्धगद्ध गज्ज्वलल्ललाट पट्टपावके
किशोरचंद्रशेखरे रतिः प्रतिक्षणं ममं ॥" For days he kept praising Mahadev, before the lord of the universe was finally pleased and took his toe off the ground.

Finally Dashgreev was able to free his arms from the mighty Kailash. Mahadev appeared in front of him, the king of Lanka joined his shaking hands.

The benevolent Ashutosh gave him the great sword Chandrahas and even bestowed a new name to him.

"Dashgreev, tumhare rudan se trilok kaap uthe, aur raav karte karte tumne meri stuti ki. Iss liye aaj se yeh sansaar tumhe Ravan ke naam se jaanega." Mahadev said.

"Jai Shiv-Shankar-Shambhu !" Ravan bowed.

And on that day a big Shiv-bhakt was forged not due to inherent dedication but due to desparation. But it didn't matter to Mahadev, because the ever so merciful God accepts worship in whichever form it is offered.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ravan arthat Jo Roya...... Not Mahadev naming one of his greatest devotee as Rondu- 🤣🤣🤣

But Ravan ji respect for Shiv Tandav stotram ✨ because that's the one and only thing you have my respect for 🌝

Actually in Valmiki Ramayan it's not written exactly what stuti Ravan sings, but since Shiv Tandav stotram is attributed to him then we'll take that.

Do check out the trailor -