Holding Onto You Chapter 52

ابدأ من البداية

"I'm happy he finally listened to his heart." Vincent smiled. He ate the food his mum presented to him and I watched as his eyebrows furrowed when he squinted his eyes from the fluorescent light above him and the way sipping his juice made his faint dimples show and that's when I realized that the reason I hated seeing him with Leo and the reason I told Brian I need more time when he asked me to be his boyfriend Sunday night was Vincent. I was the closest to him and for so long I had him all to myself and to suddenly have Hunter, Brian and now Leo as well be closer to him than me made me feel rejected. I wanted him all to myself again, and not just as my best friend. In order for me to finally move on from him and commit to Brian completely, I had to sleep with him. I had to sleep with Vincent.

I was helping Vincent get dressed the next day to take him home when my fingers lingered a little too long on his arm. Ever since my big revelation to myself yesterday, I felt very sweaty and uneasy in the presence of Vincent. I couldn't be the reason Vincent cheats on Hunter so I didn't know what I was going to do with myself and this sudden urge.

"If you want me to leave without a shirt on I'll be more than happy, the nurses are all crazy for my body." He snapped me out of my thoughts and I pulled my hand away and helped him with his shirt.

I put on his socks and sneakers and he took my hand and stood up. My hand instantly became sweaty as I took his bag and we left. The nurses all greeted him and told him to get well soon and they all swooned at him when he flashed them his smile.

We got in the car and I drove us to his house. His parents planned a surprise welcome back party for him and invited everyone who was at the hospital to support him.

"It's so good to be home, I miss my room and my bed. I bet Hunter misses it just as much and I can not wait to have him in my bed again." Vincent said as he opened the front door. "He is going to be begging me to stop."

"You should stop talking now." No one needed to hear what he planned to do with Hunter, especially not his parents.

"Why, jealous?" If only he knew.

"Surprise." Everyone cheered.

"That's why." I told him and walked past him into the house as he stood in shock from the sudden outburst.

He walked in and everyone hugged him and welcomed him back home. Hunter was blushing like mad as he greeted Vincent. We had the same kind of party for Brian on Sunday after Vincent was out of surgery and in a stable condition. That's when Brian asked me to be his boyfriend. It was what I wanted so badly but I just needed closure from Vincent before I committed myself completely to Brian.

"Finn I want to see Shaggy but seeing me after so long will definitely make him jump on me and he's tall enough to reach my chest. Please hold him down so I can rub him." Vincent asked me and I was quick to do as he wanted no questions asked.

I went to the patio and Shaggy jumped with excitement as I approached him. I patted him and he offered me his paw. I told him to sit and he listened making it easier for me to hold him before Vincent came outside and trying to contain the dog's excitement after seeing Vincent was very difficult. He had that effect on animals as well as humans.

"You're my good boy, yes you are. I missed you so much my boy. I love you so much." He was all over the dog, rubbing him and hugging him as I held him down which was not easy.

"I want to sleep with you Vincent." I suddenly burst out.

He stopped and looked at me with the most shocking and questionable look and we locked eyes for a few seconds before I realized my mistake and quickly covered it up.

"Tonight." I added. "I want to stay over tonight. I don't want you to be alone." He visibly relaxed when I said that and I looked away.

"You don't need to even say it Finny, I wouldn't care if you moved in permanently." He told me, going back to playing with the dog for a little while before washing and drying his hands and going back inside. I did the same while regretting mentioning wanting to stay the night. How was I going to survive a whole night with Vincent?