Chapter 29: Anything But Love [Part 2]

"7 thousand yen for those measly sandals?! What a scam!" You fumed, walking away as you angrily ate the skewered meat you were holding in your right hand.
"Mother and I would buy better sandals and for a cheaper price! This is...UGH!"

"Curse them, kitty-chan!! Curse them!!" Mitsuri encouraged, also angrily eating skewered meat.
"And thank the gods you realized the gems in those necklaces were fake! People are such meanies!!"

Mitsuri and you went shopping at a town a little further.

As you can see, some deals and items were quite the scam, but at least the pinkette and you found a decent amount of good things. Food was one of those things.

"At least we now know that we should NEVER shop here ever again." You huffed.

"Wanna go to my house after this?" Mitsuri offered.
"My kakushis are preparing those club sandwiches you told me about!"

"My best friend and food? I'm definitely going!" You nodded excitedly, making Mitsuri laugh at your behavior.

"Awwww, now I see why Kirigaya-kun is such a cutie! Just look at you!"

The two of you walked and chattered some more, until someone (or more specifically, some ones) got both Mitsuri's attention and yours.

"Iguro-saaaaaaaaaaan!!" Mitsuri squealed, running after the aforementioned male.

You simply watched the couple's (and snake) moment from afar, frowning a little.

Your bestie's crush or not, Iguro was someone you couldn't really tolerate.

Or at least at the moment.

Personally, you wanted to get on good terms with the snake pillar. Not only because you weren't okay with being disliked, but also to know his own reasons and forge a nice friendship.

And also, Mitsuri would be sad to see her best friend and her crush be on such bad terms.

"We see each other again.." Sanemi spoke, getting you out of your thoughts.

You looked at him, smiling.
"Sanemi-san, good to see you! How you've been?"

"Good, I--uh.." Sanemi spoke, trailing off a little.
"I came to buy food for my pets..."

"That's good! What kind of pets do you have?" You asked.

"Rhinoceros beetles." He replied.

"Oh! I know those!" You said, clasping your hands together.
"I heard that many people use them for clandestine fights. Sometimes against their own species or even other bugs, like praying mantises. I think I've seen those fights once.."

"Well, just a heads up, I don't do that." Shinazugawa said.
"I mean, they're my pets."

"I get it." You nodded.
"And you don't seem to be that type of person, anyways. You may look like you would participate in fights between people, though."

"Always so damn honest, aren't you.." Sanemi scoffed.

"Always so ill-mouthed, aren't you.." you retorted, also scoffing.

"I--ah--.." Sanemi tried to defend himself, but he quickly gave up.
"What are you doing here, anyways?"

"Shopping with Mitsu-chan." You spoke, shaking the few wrapped boxes you carried.
"Not a very good day, as you can see."

"Yeah this place sucks.." Shinazugawa shrugged.
"But--"

"The food is good/though there's good food." Sanemi and you said at the same time, making you giggle.
"Well, we can definitely agree on something!"