Chapter 18: Desired.

Mornings at the Butterfly Estate were fresh and bright. If attentive and early enough, you would be able to see the small water droplets on the plants evaporate and rise up to the skies, slowly, so wonderful and beautifully.

Tanjiro woke up rapid and silently. He stretched a little before letting out a long sigh and smiling.

"I should surprise (y/n) with morning breakfast!" The red-haired said to himself, smiling. He then looked at his side, seeing Zenitsu sleeping with a faint pained expression. Tanjiro's smile faded into a cold glare.
"Zenitsu reeks of poison..he's still not ready to go to recovery training. Good riddance."

Tanjiro readied himself before heading out of the infirmary and to the kitchen. Surprisingly, Aoi, one of the nurses at the butterfly estate, was wide awake and preparing food.

"Good morning." Tanjiro greeted.

"So you're awake." Aoi hummed.

"Can I have some rice crackers, please?" The boy asked shyly "and maybe some mochis."

"Just a few, here you go." The blue-eyed girl replied, handing Tanjiro a small tray with the aforementioned treats.

"Thank you!" Tanjiro beamed before walking out of the kitchen.
After a couple of turns and twists, Tanjiro was finall in front of your assigned room. The soft scent of sweet perfume and small notes of rain dew could be smelled from outside your room. Kirigaya's scent was faint, but also there. It was a scent that could unconsciously make you smile and feel mischievous.
With no more time to waste, Tanjiro knocked on the door softly.
"Good morn--!"

The door lightly opened on its own.
Tanjiro widened his eyes.

There was no one.

"(Y/n)!" Tanjiro began running through the corridors, looking around and calling out for you. He did his best to not drop the food.
"(Y/n)?!"

"So noisy.." a small voice said. Tanjiro instantly looked behind his back.
It was Kirigaya. He was just leaving a room, rubbing his left eye and closing the door with his right hand.

"Kirigaya! Where's (y/n)?!" Tanjiro panicked, holding the small kid's shoulders.

"Training?" Kirigaya said with a matter-of-fact tone "Hayo woke up 2 hours ago or so, Shinobu-san just woke me up."

"Ah..okay..." Tanjiro smiled nervously, letting go of Kirigaya, who motioned the redette to crouch.
Kirigaya grabbed a rice cracker and stuffed the mochis in his haori's pockets before running away.

"Sorry, but Boss Inosuke must eat something, too!" Kirigaya said, soon disappearing.

Tanjiro shook his head with a small smile as he walked outside the house and into the patio.
Indeed, you were there.

But not training in the way Tanjiro thought you would.

"Takaamahara Ni Kami Tsumari masu...Kamurogi Kamuromi no Mikoto wo Mochite..Sumemioya Kamu Izanagi No Mikoto..." You chanted, eyes closed and your legs neatly folded below you. You were sitting atop of a rock that was placed over fire. On your head, there was a basket with rocks. Somehow, you were sitting straight and with no bother at all.
"Tsukushi No Himuka No Tachihana No Odo No...Ahagi Hara Ni Misogi Harai Tamau Toki Ni. Narimaseru Haraidono Ookami Tachi..."

"(Y/n)!! That's dangerous!!" Tanjiro exclaimed, ready to get you out of the flames, but Shinobu stopped him from doing so.

"Hanayo-chan knows what she's doing;" she said with a small smile "it's also very bad to interrupt someone during their prayers."