Chapter 26: Lovers Quarrel.

It's been a while since the gods called me for meditation.
I guess they were quite pleased by Himejima's training and meditation sessions (mostly the meditation part).

"What is it?" I asked, rubbing my left eye tiringly. I was hoping to sleep as much as I could. Tomioka probably would like to talk to me lots tomorrow, so I needed to have the most energy I can.

Go to the forest and sit in the middle of an opening we have prepared for You.

"I see.." I hummed.
After my constant meditation, the gods' messages are more clear. Something I'm also glad about.
As I was about to get up, I looked at Tomioka-san, who was sleeping next to me. He looked so happy and calm. His breathing was soft.

I giggled lovingly before stopping myself and shaking my head.

"No! Remember Tanjiro! Remember Tanjiro! Remember Tanjiro! O' gods, forgive this sinning eyes of mine and punish according to my actions..O' gods, forgive this sinning heart of mine and punish according to my actions.."

My chants stopped as I calmed myself down and quickly wrote on a paper for Tomioka to read.
I knew he would panic if he doesn't see me, so I told him where I was going to be.
After finishing the letter, I got up and walked out of the house and towards the forest.

Stop

A path began to clear before me, bushes wilting and grass going back to the earth. The trees that were in the path also wilted and fell to the sides.

"I don't think I need all this.." I muttered to myself, walking once again.

The path led me to a clear area in the forest, where no trees, grass, or any type of things were there, except for a small rock the size of one tatami.

I sat in the rock and looked around.
It was very silent. Maybe a bit too silent.
It didn't took long for demons to appear.
They were eight by average.
One of the demons took a step forward, trembling.

"A-are you--"

"(Y/n) Hanayo, yes." I interrupted, unfazed by their presence.
"State your purpose."

A demoness began to sob as she knelt on the ground.

"Please save us!!" She begged, not daring to look at me.
"We're tired of killing humans and being afraid of the sun!! I want to see my family again..I-I want to enjoy the view of an Autumn morning..."

With a small, kind smile I looked at the demoness.

"I just want to be normal again!!" She wailed, still kneeling and averting his gaze away from mine.

"Do come closer." I said "All of you, please."

"Us?" Another demon said with disbelief "us filthy demons? We shouldn't even dare speak to You! W-we've done so many bad things, I--"

"I don't care about what you've done;" I interrupted once again, speaking softly "I care about what you want to do now and later. Why did you desperately searched for me."

"Please judge us as You see fit!" The demoness begged, still crying "we have no right to decide whether should we live or not, after all we've done!"