Chapter 7: Good Fortune.

Tanjiro and you looked behind your back.
It was the familiar-looking boy.

"Yes?" You replied calmly.

"Hanayo-chan?" He asked again.

"Yes?" You raised an eyebrow at him.
What he did next took you entirely by surprise.

"Wisteria Flowerrrrrrr!!" The yellow-haired boy cried, clinging onto your waist.

Tanjiro looked at the boy's actions with wide eyes.
Who was this person?
Why did he knew her?

"Wh--Agatsuma?!" You asked in bewilderment. The honey-eye colored male whimpered and clung harder.

"You two know each other?" Tanjiro spoke.

"Yeah.." you harshly shoved Agatsuma off you "long story, actually. When I was younger, I would throw letters out my window on windy days. One of my letters reached Agatsuma and since then we would write each other real often..but then he fell head over heels for a girl and forgot completely about me!"

"You were the one who never wrote me back!!" Agatsuma cried. He tried to hug you again, but your hand stopped him from doing so.

"I specifically told you that day that I wouldn't write back if you chose her;" you glared at Agatsuma "I told you she was bad news and did you listened?"

Agatsuma looked down with shame-filled eyes.

"And where is she now exactly?" You looked around in a mocking manner. The blonde boy shrunk, more embarassed.

"Congratulations for passing the final selection." The kids said in unison.

[1st Person P.O.V.]

"Hayo, Tanjiro." Kirigaya grabbed my hand and Tanjiro's and led us away from Agatsuma.

"You will pay for the uniform's costs and we'll get your measurements and engrave your ranks;" the kids continued "there are ten ranks, you are currently in the lowest rank. 10th."

"What about the nichirin swords? The color-changing blades?" Genya barked.

"You will now choose your Tamahagane alloy to forge your sword, which we'll be finished within ten to fifteen days."

"And the swords?" Genya asked again.

"Now we will assign you your Kasugai crows." The white-haired kid said, clapping its hands. Crows rapidly made their way to Tanjiro and the others, except Agatsuma, Kirigaya, and I.
A fox and a rooster then ran out from the forest. The rooster pecked Kirigaya's hand and the fox jumped onto my shoulders, wrapping his tail around me like a scarf and yawning.

"Um, this aren't crows.." I sighed. The fox yipped.

"I got a sparrow." Agatsuma sweatdropped.

"This will be primarly used for communication." The white-haired kid said.

A crow cawed loudly, as if it was scared.

"I don't care about some damn crow!!" Genya said angrily. He walked towards the girl and grabbed her by her hair "I want the nichirinto sword!! Give it to me now!!"

While Tanjiro went to stop Genya, I decided to focus on something else.
I looked at Kirigaya, who was trying to pet the rooster with a sulky face.

I tapped Kirigaya's shoulder, gaining his attention.
"You know? Roosters are symbols of courage and reliability."

"What's relialibyti?" Kirigaya asked, often stumbling between syllables.

"Reliability; it means someone you can trust and always count on!" I smiled sweetly at him.