Chapter 10 - Normal summer vacation

---

In the time that Peter was at the bar with Beck I had gotten changed out of my dress and into a more comfortable lazy Sunday outfit. And I had started a long 'nap'. Today has been so long and exhausting, I was ready to never leave the bed.

But like clockwork my focus was broken as loud voices started to echo around the hallway, the voices sounding like they were standing directly outside my door. I sighed, glancing down to my still body lying on top of the duvet. Without much hesitation I quickly floated back down, gently lying down in my body. My eyes peeled open and my head immediately snapped towards the door, a gentle knocking now coming from the other side.

I quickly shoved myself off the bed and skipped over to the door, unlocking and opening it to see who was on the other side. I was surprised, oh so happy to see Peter stood in the doorway, facing me.

"You're back." I grinned, stepping aside so he could come in. He didn't waste a second before quickly entering and throwing his backpack next to my suitcase on the floor. He let out a groan as he flopped onto my bed where I lay just seconds ago. Quietly I closed the door and made my way next to him, gently sitting down next to his head. "How was it?"

"Great. Everything's sorted." The smile forming on his face was contagious as he softly gazed up at me.

"Everything?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, not everything but almost everything." His smile faltered as his gaze flicked to the ceiling above before landing back on me. "I heard we're heading back tomorrow."

"Mmm." I hummed, sighing at the end. "It was never meant to be I suppose."

"No." Peter announced hastily sitting up, startling me making my body flinch backwards.

"No? What's no?" I asked confused as Peter shuffled around on the bed, turning over so he was facing me, tucking his legs underneath him.

"I promised you the best vacation you've ever had and ever will have. I want to keep that promise." He let out a slightly uneven breath as he held his hands out in front of him. My brows frowned together in concern as I laid my hands on top of his, gripping them tightly. "I was gonna wait until the end of the trip..." Another uneven exhale escaped him. "But I guess now this is the end of the trip." He lightheartedly chuckled.

"Peter, you're starting to scare me. What's wrong?" I asked, edging an inch closer to him out of concern.

"No, nothing's wrong." He assured in another chuckle, giving both of my hands a squeeze. "Okay, well the thing is... I want to tell you-"

Peter's sentence was quickly cut off by a sudden knock on the door causing both of our attention to be forced towards the closed door. I blinked a few times, the knock was quiet and quick, no more knocks sounded after the first one. Did it even happen, were we both going crazy.

"I'm sure it's just Ned. He'll go away if we're quiet." Peter said in a hushed whisper, leaning forward and pressing his forehead against my temple. The soft contact made my eyes flicker closed, my head leaning further towards his, nuzzling into him.

When I thought we were once again alone the silence was broken by another knock echoing in the room, this time a lot harder; the person on the other side clearly making sure they'd gained our attention. My eyes broke open again, the pressure from the side of my head being removed as a voice called out.