Chapter 6 - Something's happening...

(Credit goes to the artist for the costume. I couldn't find the person who drew it, since there were many all with different watermarks. But if you know who was the first, let me know and I'll credit them properly).

---

Mantis, the blue chick who's name was apparently Nebula and Drax swiftly woke up just like Quill had. Everyone went and joined Strange and Tony but I had something to deal with first.

"A deal's a deal." I mumbled to myself before taking in a slow deep breath, sealing my eyes shut as I exhaled. I focused all my remaining energy on the demon in my head. I could feel my feet slowly separate from the ground. My eyes snapped back open as a black silhouette split off of my brightly shining body. The glow subsided as the silhouette disappeared into thin air.

I let out another deep breath as I lowered myself back down to the ground. I found myself unable to move from my spot, my head was so quiet it almost brought tears to my eyes. She was really gone. No demon's telling me what to do. No more holding my powers back because she might take over.

"Y/n..?" Peter's voice chimed from behind me. I quickly spun around on my heels to face him. The shocked expression I was met with made my eyebrows dip.

"What?" I asked tilting my head to the side confused at his confusion.

"You... Did you..?" He seemed to give up on using his words, since they were obviously failing him like they often do. He took a few steps closer to me before he took my hands and raised them so I could see them. My lips parted just like his had as I stared down at the now sleek fingerless black gloves that covered my hands.

"Woah..." Was all the words my throat seemed to let escape. I slowly titled my hands around in his getting a better look at them. My eyes trailed up my arms to see that they didn't seem to stop, they weren't gloves they were sleeves.

"You didn't..?" Peter piped up, I quickly shook my head in reply as I took a small step away from him, not letting go of his hands. My breath caught in my throat as my eyes trailed over the purple pants that covered my legs and the small cape like thing that hung down from my waist.

"Oh my god. What the hell happened to me?" I asked not expecting an answer from him at all.

"It looks good." Peter said making my eyes shoot back up to connect with his. "Really. I think it was about time you got your own suit, instead of you just fighting in your everyday clothes or your prom dress." I let out a small huffy laugh before I practically leapt into his arms. He quickly hugged me back with no hesitation.

"I told you we'd both live through it." I chuckled as I tilted my head so it was lying on his shoulder. "We should probably go, make sure everyone else is okay." I mumbled into his neck. He nodded after a few seconds of silence and pulled away from me.

---

As soon as we reached everyone else Peter quickly left my side to go and help up an injured Tony. Everyone slolwy hobbled into the centre so we were all near one another.

"Something's happening..." Mantis said looking up at the orange sky. My eyes flicked up catching a glimpse of lightning in the distance, quiet thunder soon following after.

My eyes practically grew to the size of dinner plates as we all watched Mantis turning into dust in Quill's arms. My breathing picked up rapidly as I stumbled backwards until my back hit Peter's Iron Spider armour. His hands quickly landed on my shoulders to steady me.

I could hear my heart thumping in my ears as Drax's arm started to turn into the same brown dust as Mantis just had.

"Quill..?" He muttered looking up to his friend. His whole body followed in his arms footsteps as he turned fully to dust a pained look on his face being the last thing we saw. Quill looked back over to use with a mortified look on his face.

"Steady, Quill." Tony told him noticing the dust like consistency his legs were turning.

"Aw, man." He muttered as he turn the same grey like brown colour as everyone else before he disappeared, the only thing left was the dust floating off in the wind.

"Tony." Strange uttered catching all of our attention. "There was no other way." He replied calmly, shaking his head ever so slightly. His eyes shifted down to the ground before he vanished.

I could feel Peter's hand slip off of my shoulder so I quickly spun around to face him. My hand sprung up to his cheek as he clutched his side. My lip started trembling, I already knew what was happening but that doesn't mean I have to be okay with it.

"I don't feel so good." He managed to get out. I instantly started shaking my head rapidly at him, refusing to believe what was happening.

"No. You're okay. You're gonna... You're gonna be fine, remember?" I mumbled out as tears prickled in my eyes.

"I... I don't..." He stuttered before he lost balance and crashed into me. I couldn't help but hold on to him for dear life, he did the exact same thing. My hands knited in his hair as I moved my head so my forehead was against his.

Tears started to slowly seep down my face when my own legs gave out making us fall down sideways on a nearby piece of rubble. A few tears escaped his eyes making more escape mine as he placed his already dusting hand to my check.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled making me shake my head back in return.

"No, I... You're okay, you're okay." I told him, my hand going to rest on his hand that was pressed to my check. "I'm not letting you..." My sentence was cut short by him turning away from me and disintegrating in my arms. I choked out a sob as my hand fell down onto my check since his was no longer there. "No..."

Slowly I pushed myself up so I was sitting facing Tony who I noticed was a little teary eyed too. That's when I felt my insides flip. My breathing calmed down and my eyes cleared as I looked up to Tony.

"It's not your fault, Tony. Thank you... for everything." I told him as my eyes glazed over. I hung my head fully accepting my fait, if he wasn't here I didn't want to be either.

---