Chapter 7 - Peter, it's over

---

"You just need to pull your head in and focus on your studies. You're bright, if you want to be." Principal Morita told me. I didn't say anything, but I nodded along. "Alright, send Peter in on your way out." I nodded again and pushed myself off of the chair. I opened the door and came face to face with Ned and Peter who were sitting on the chairs outside of the office.

"Your turn." I told Peter simply before beginning to walk away. I heard him mutter a small 'thanks' behind me.

As I continued to walk down the halls thoughts continued to roll through my head. I think it would be best if I started to distance myself from them again. Though they could start to get mad at me, I do keep on abandoning them after all... My thoughts were cut short when MJ walked up next to me nudging my shoulder.

"Hey, what're you thinking so deeply about?" I laughed slightly at her question, I have no idea why though.

"Nothing." I lied. She gave me a suspicious look but dropped it and looked back down at the book in her hand. I rolled my eyes at her knowing I was gonna have to maneuver her through the hallway full of people.

---

Detention. Again... I lay face down on my desk bored out of my mind. I chose the seat next to the door just in case I had to make a quick escape. Though where the hell was I gonna go.

We had nothing, there was nothing left for us to do but sit and hope the FBI get the shocker dude and demon bird.

My eyelids became heavy as I stared at the screen in front of me. Closing my eyes I started to drift off in the detention room. Hopefully I wouldn't get woken up.

---

I was walking around the school trying to find a place to sit quietly and eat my lunch, without anyone bothering me. Band room? I asked myself. Shrugging I turned the door handle and entered the room. I immediately froze in the doorway when I saw Peter and Ned sitting on the floor with their newly completed Lego Death Star. They both turned to me.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking down to the ground. I wasn't quite sure if I was apologizing for walking in on them or if I was apologizing for abandoning them, again. I swiftly turned around and exited the room. Making my way back down the hallway again I heard someone yell out my name. I spun on my heels to see Peter running up to me. I quickly turned back around and started walk 10 times faster than I was before.

"Y/n! Wait up, I want to ask you something!" He continued to yell, I could feel people staring at me as I kept walking. Suddenly I felt a grip on my wrist. I slowly turned to him a little worried at what he was gonna ask me.

"What?" I asked pulling my wrist out of his grip.

"Do, uh..." He looked down at his feet awkwardly, he laughed lightly before looking around at the many people staring at us. "Could we, uh, maybe talk in private..?"

"I guess?" I shrugged, making it sound more like a question than a statement.

"Cool." He said awkwardly before he walked away from me. I walked after him when I realized that he was expecting me to follow. We went to the same empty hallway that we did when I first talked to him about Ned finding out he was Spider-Man. We both just stood there awkwardly, neither of us seeming to know what to say.