Chapter 5 - Titan fight

---

Thanos glanced upwards just in time to see the massive piece of star ship wreckage coming down on him. It slammed into the ground causing ripples to quake out.

"Piece of cake, Quill." Tony said flying in from the top of the large rock.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off." Quill muttered as I jumped up from the rock I was hiding behind. Quickly boosting myself over it, I went over my role in my head.

'You're just protecting people. You don't necessarily need to fight him...' I repeated in my head, before he got here I was ready to kick his ass but he was a lot more terrifying than what I pictured in my head. I exhaled steadily, trying to calm my racing heart. Suddenly the piece of wreckage glowed bright purple before it exploded a screaming Thanos in the middle of the floating pieces. The red stone started to glow, he flung the red beam at the floating pieces making them all spontaneously turn into bats, every single one of them going for Tony.

I let out another steady breath before jumping into action. Before Tony could get too far away I shot my hands up at him, creating a small protective bubble around him. The bats all swarmed the purple bubble making me strain even harder.

Then all I felt was pain, next thing I knew I was being somehow flung fifty feet away from Tony, causing me to let go and the bats to wisk him away again. I landed with a thud, flipping over multiple times before finally stopping when I was on my stomach. Groaning I pushed my palm on the ground to hoist myself up.

"Watch out." Her voice echoes through my head. I glare at the ground muttering a 'yeah, thanks' back to her.

Turning my head back to the main fight my eyes landed on Thanos catching Peter mid air by the throat. He slammed him down into the hard rock covering the ground. My blood boiled making me get up that much faster. I quickly sped over to my boy being pinned to the ground.

"Insect." I heard Thanos seathe

"Arachnid." I corrected, throwing an overhand ball of purple magic at the purple prune. He stumbled backwards a few steps so I took that as my chance to lift Peter off the ground and move him out of the road. Gently setting Peter back down on the ground I turned back to Thanos, just in time too. He was trying to rip at the cloak wrapped tightly around his hand, and was pretty close to being successful.

Thinking quickly I held both of my hands out before yanking them down to the ground, one of the points of the star shaped ships coming down on top of him. Thanos yelled out as he managed to rip Strange's cloak off of his hand. He shoved it up in the air, the gauntlet just barely making contact with the broken ship before it practically evaporated, the only sign of it ever being there were the few bubbles floating around. He gritted his teeth seething as he looked back over to me.

'Crap.'

He powered up the glove, shooting a bright purple beam my way. Swiftly I put up a shield, the power of the purple beam making me scrunch my eyes closed and yell out.

'Stark's coming in.'

"Oh thank god." I muttered, my eyes starting to roll back in my head due to the exhaustion of using this much power to keep him at bay. The whole ground shook as several bombs landed on the surface of the planet. Letting down the shield I super sped out of the sweltering heat of the explosions. Escaping only with a few small cuts and grazes on my exposed arms.