Chapter 6 - Mysterio?

---

It didn't take us very long to change, Peter took longer than I did but still; to him, putting on his suit was like putting on a second skin. And before we knew it we were crawling out the window and traveling down the canel in a small boat Fury was driving. The city looked different at night, still beautiful though just very different.

"Stark left these for you, Peter." Fury said making my head snap towards him.

"Really?" Peter muttered. Fury then pulled a small case out of his jacket pocket and slowly held them up for Peter to take. Hesitantly Peter reached out and took them, breathing heavily as he prepared to open them. I quickly went up onto my tippy toes so I could see over his shoulder and see what Tony left for him. Lifting up the lid Peter revealed a pair of very classic Tony Stark glasses. I couldn't help but smile at the fond memories that entered my mind.

"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a Star Wars reference." Fury said, a small chortle coming out of his mouth at the end of his sentence. My smile grew as I leaned forwards and rested my chin on Peter's shoulder, wrapping my arms around his waist from behind.

---

Another 15 minutes went by of us standing in the boat silently before we had reached our final destination. Fury had lead us into what appeared to be a sewer system, if I don't know Fury I'd say he was trying to murder us.

"You can lose the masks." Fury directed over his shoulder. "Everyone here has seen you both without them. You'd be feigning anonymity and breathing through fabric for no good reason." He explained before he continued walking down the path he was leading us.

I glanced to Peter, not seeing the hesitation I thought I'd see from him before he yanked his mask off over his head with a puff. I sighed dejectedly, pulling my face mask down off my nose and pulling it off my face all together. To make sure I didn't lose it down in the sewers I wrapped the two ear loops around my wrist.

"Come on." Fury waved us over with a nod of his head. That's when I finally took in where Fury had brought us. My lips parted slightly at the sight of the underground base they'd set up, very recently by the looks of it.

"Yeah." Peter muttered before following after Fury, I slowly started to follow after him. Although I did so hesitantly, I don't know what was wrong but something was.

"Over there, we have Maria Hill." Fury motioned to Maria who I knew from way back in the day, more recently though she attended Tony's funeral. She peeled her eyes away from what she was typing for a split second to give us her normal stone cold expression. "That is Dimitri." Fury said motioning his hand towards the man sitting on the desk next to Maria. He glanced at us, staring at us intently as he cocked the gun in his lap. "And this is Mr. Beck." Fury stopped near the centre of the room as he introduced us to the man stood with his back to us, leaning on the central table. His cape shifted as he looked over his shoulder at us.

"Mysterio?" Peter asked as I cocked my head to the side, frowning my brows at the man in front of us.

"What?" He asked, turning to face us properly.

"Doesn't matter. It's just what my friends have been calling you." Peter waved off, the nerves clear in his voice. Mysterio slowly started to make his way towards us, extending his hand towards Peter. I narrowed my eyes at the man, I already didn't like him and he'd said one word.