Chapter 3 - Why aren't you letting me leave?

---

I lay on my bed texting back and forth with Peter as I thought about the Accords, but of course I couldn't tell him any of this stress, no matter how much I wanted to. I didn't go to school today either, so I've haven't seen him in what felt like forever. Suddenly an idea popped into my head that might distract me from all of this.

I bit my lip as I messaged the words 'do you want to go do something? Like go for a walk through the city? I need to get my mind off of a few things.' The three dots popped up telling me he was typing.

'Sure! You can explain to me why you didn't come to school today.' His text showed after what felt like forever. I smiled as I texted him back, saying to meet me in Central Park in 10 minutes, to which he agreed.

Excitedly I hopped off my bed and pulled a hoodie over my head, put my good running shoes on my feet and tied my hair back, getting ready to speed all the way into central New York. I tossed my phone in my hoodie pocket and made for the door.

I ran through the hallway and got to the front door. But just before I reached for the door handle Vis phased through the door, stopping me from leaving. I backed up slightly as he spoke.

"Where are you going?" He asked sounding very serious since the last time I spoke to him.

"Uh, out to meet a friend... Can you maybe move slightly so I can leave?" I laughed nervously.

"I was just about to try making Paprikash... Maybe you would like to join me?" Vis said motioning towards the kitchen. I glanced in the direction of the kitchen before looking back to Vis and taking a step back.

"No, thank you. I'll just be on my way." I said harding my accent to make myself a little more threatening. "So, could you please move out of the way."

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Why aren't you letting me leave?" I asked.

"It's a matter of safety."

"But it's not mine, is it? Stark wants you to keep me hear because he think I'll hurt someone, doesn't he?" I asked, putting all the pieces together in my head. Vision stood silently in front of me making me clench my jaw. "Vision move." I told him, my purple magic dancing around my left hand.

"I can't let you leave." Suddenly I fell calm. If Tony thinks I'll hurt someone, maybe I will... I am unstable... I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, the magic fading away from my hand.

"Fine. I'll stay put." I sighed, pulling my hood over my head and shoving my handing in my pockets. Just before I was about to round the corner I turned back to him. "But you can't keep me here forever..." With that I slowly trudged back to my room and messaged Peter to tell me that I wouldn't be there to meet him. I shrunk down at the end of my bed and pressed my back on the end of my bed, looking up at my reflection in the TV.

---
(Peter's POV)

"Hey, May." I greeted as I dropped my backpack on the ground.

"Mmm. Hey." I tossed my keys on the table as I wondered into the kitchen. "How was school today?"

"Alright. Y/n cancelled. Oh and there's this crazy car parked outside..." I trailed off finally looking at the couch and seeing May with... Tony Stark?! Sitting on the couch holding a cookie next to her. May nodded towards Mr. Stark slightly as my jaw fell slack and my eyes widened.