Chapter 4 - I need to do this...

---

"One." Strange said ominously. That's when a sudden thought popped into my head, we needed all the help we could get, I need to talk to the entity in ny head. She could help, be like my sixth sense constantly. I glanced down at my hands briefly muttering a quiet 'I know what I have to do.' before turning and wandering down the dirt mound. Once I was a few metres away from the group I looked down to my hands again. What could I offer her though..? She won't just do it for nothing. Maybe I could- My thoughts were cut short by a sudden voice behind me.

"You okay?" I could sense the slight worry in his voice as he moved to my side. I shifted my gaze from my hands up to meet my boyfriends eyes.

"I know what I have to do." I gulped turning so that I was facing himself completely.

"What do you have to do?" He asked frowning his brows even further.

"I know you're not gonna like it but you know the thing that lives in the back of my head?" He hesitantly nodded in response so I continued. "We need all the help we can get so I need to let her out and help me fight." I told him taking his hands in mine.

"No."

"Pete-"

"No, no, no."

"Peter, it could help us win."

"I don't care. You don't know what could happen, you might never come back." He pleaded squeezing my hands.

"Pete, this could be our one win. What if in all of those possibilities that Strange was looking through I didn't have the courage to do this. This is the strongest person in the universe... I need to do this." I told him closing my eyes at the end of my small speech. When he didn't say anything I hesitantly pealed my eyes open. My eyes flicked between his trying to read him but it was impossible.

"Okay." He finally whispered out.

"Thank you." I mumbled back resting my forehead on his. He flashed a sad smile but it was gone as quickly as it came. I leaned in giving him a lingering peck causing his smile to come back for a split second. "Okay, let's do this." I said letting out a slow breath. I glanced over Peter's shoulder to see everyone was watching us. Peter turned as well, probably his Spidey-Sense kicking in. Lacing my fingers with his we started to make our way back to the group.

"What's going on, kid?" Tony asked looking to me, an intense frown etched on his face.

"Uh... I..." I stuttered out not knowing how exactly to tell him my plan, telling my boyfriend was one thing but telling the man who'd saved me from jail and had taken on a father figure in my life was a completely different thing...

"Kid, I was there when you had your incident on that field you cannot do this." Tony insisted, taking a step towards me. Somehow he figured it out all on his own, probably because of my nerves.

"I know, but I need to do this. We don't have any other choice." I argued back.

"Yes, we do. We just need to come up with a pla-"

"She's right Tony." Strange piped up from the back of the group. The three guardians parted so we could see Strange clearly. "We need an edge."