27 (M)

JIMIN POV

As soon as the door closed between myself and Jungkook, I hurried the pups who were still awake into a bath and then into bed.

They were worn out, a long day coupled with heavier meals than they were used to and far more protein.

Jih was the last one I tucked in, his head lolling heavily against my shoulder as I carried him to his bed.

"Love you baby boy." I whispered as I tucked the blanket in around him then I stepped softly out of the room pulling the door almost closed behind me.

And breathed a sigh of delight—I had the place to myself.

I'd given Jih the larger of the two smaller rooms, figuring he was the oldest and he would need the space if hybe let us stay.

Especially once there were two rambunctious boys in the room.

The girls had the smallest one and I had the master.

It hadn't been my intention but when I'd suggested putting the boys in the master bedroom, jungkook had shaken his head.

From Yoongi, that would have meant 'stupid omega, do what you're told' but coupled with the warmth of Jungkook's gaze when his eyes met mine, it felt more like 'no, you're the parent and you've earned this'.

It was hard to say yes to but I did it and he seemed pleased, which pleased my own omega soul.

The apartment itself was a long rectangle, stretching along the north wall at the top of the building.

The door gave onto the living room with the kitchen through an arch to the left and the hallway with the bedrooms and the bathroom running to the right.

hobi, tae and I had put all the groceries away while the pups raced from one end of the long apartment to the other, jumping on beds and peering through the windows to look out over the enclave.

They'd never been so high up in their lives.

I smiled as I walked down the hall remembering the noise and poor Ari crying because she'd been left behind by the older two and hyun quite frankly not giving a hoot.

In the kitchen, I made myself a coffee.

I was a bit worried that I'd overspent despite Jungkook pointing out to me that I had my own income now.

I'd felt so rich when Jungkook had told me to buy what I needed, what the pups were used to having.

It had worried me at first and I'd been very careful of the pennies as the credits racked up but he hadn't seemed concerned and I thought about all the credit that this job would give me and how I couldn't take it wherever I went after and so I spent And spent.

New clothes for Jih and Aera and food we'd only gotten to eat on special occasions even when Yoongi had been alive.

I wasn't used to not having to answer to someone else for the choices I made and it had been a heady experience.

Almost as heady as the Alpha himself this evening. I leaned against the counter, the mug warm in my hands and thought back to that moment at the door.

He was handsome and strong, the bulge of his shoulders leading down to a chest I could easily see curling against.

He had graceful hands and a shudder ran through me as I considered how they'd feel against my skin.

I put the coffee down and went to start a bath for myself.

Such luxury to have the place to myself and no worry about time.

I was home, there was no work to be done except to wipe up the floor where we'd tracked some dirt on it.

BROKEN DREAMS || JIKOOK ✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें