Chapter 6

To: Der
Hey

From: Der
Shouldn't you be getting ready?

To: Der
I am ready. Not that it matters...since I don't have a date.

From: Der
Cheer up

To: Der
I can't. I don't wanna go.

From: Der
It's your senior prom. You'll regret it if you don't go.

To: Der
I don't think I'll regret it.

From: Der
Too bad. You told Scott you were going.

To: Der
Yeah, yeah. I'll talk to you later Scott's yelling at me.

(Derek and Scott)

From: Scott
Is everything ready?

To: Scott
Yes. Relax.

From: Scott
Aren't you worried?

To: Scott
Not really.

From: Scott
How!?

To: Scott
Relax!

From: Scott
Okay, okay. But I swear to god if you're late...

To: Scott
I won't be late.

Stiles POV

Stupid Prom. I don't even want to go. Why would I? All of my friends have dates, I don't. I'll be like the biggest third wheel ever. I sighed, watching Scott try to tie his tie for the fifteenth time. "Stop." I got up and fixed it for him.

"Thanks."

"Why are you so nervous? It's just a school dance."

"I don't know...I just am."

When he finished getting ready we went downstairs. "Why can't I take my Jeep again?" 

"Because I got us a better ride."

I groaned opening the front door staring at my feet waiting for Scott to walk out. I locked the door not moving my gaze from my feet until Scott nudged my arm. I looked at him seeing him looking forward and smiling. Confused, I looked up seeing Derek leaning against a black limo with a sign that said "prom?" in one hand and a small bouquet of roses in the other.

My heart was in my throat as he started walking toward us. I bent over burying my face in my hands.

"Oh my God." I mumbled, hitting Scott in the arm. "Why'd you tell him!?" Scott just smiled at me.

Derek was now next to us, he hasn't said a word but gave me a look to show he was waiting for an answer. I nodded hiding my face again. He wrapped his arms around me, smiling.

"I hate you so much." I said into his shoulder.

"No you don't." He replied. "Here." He said, giving me the flowers and wiping the tears from my face.