Chapter 5

For the next few weeks I would come home to see Stiles. He'd be doing one of three things.

1.) Homework
2.) Cooking
3.) Sleeping

Normally he'd sleep in my bed but on a few occasions he'd fall asleep on the couch.

He'd make me dinner even though he didn't know when I'd be home saying that it's the least he can do since he invades my personal space all the time, even though I love coming home to see him.

I've also noticed how frustrated he gets with his school work. He's a smart kid, he really is. But if he doesn't understand something he freaks out and overwhelms himself.

It got to the point where not seeing him everyday after school was strange. He'd come over, we'd have dinner, he'd go home. This was repeated every single day. And every single day I got closer and closer to telling him he's my mate.

The one day I came home, Scott trailing behind me, to see Stiles laying in the middle of the floor reading.

"Hey," I said, walking in getting an inhuman noise in return as he finished the page he was on. When he was done he rolled onto his stomach putting his bookmark in and looking at me.

"Hi!" he finally said, "Hi, Scott." he added. Scott waved back, sitting down at the table. Stiles got up putting his book away before apologizing for not making dinner.

I laughed, "You don't have to make dinner. " He sighed, knowing we'd had this conversation several times before.

"Tell Stiles he has to go to prom." Scott blurted out.

"Go to prom, Stiles." I said, pulling out stuff to make tacos. He groaned.

"Why don't you wanna go?" Scott whined.

"I don't have anyone to go with."

"What about Lydia?" I asked.

"She's going with Jackson. Besides, I don't even want to go with her." Stiles said, honestly.

"Who do you wanna go with?" I asked, seeing Scott staring at me.

"Nobody that would wanna go." He sighed, going upstairs. Scott threw an apple at me.

"He wants to go with you. " he whispered.

"Yeah, sure."

"He does." Scott said, matter-of-factly.

"Did he say that?"

"Doesn't need to." He said, nodding toward the stairs. I turned to see Stiles walking down in my black leather jacket and my sunglasses.

"I rock them better." he said. I laughed since my jacket was like twice his size and he was swimming in it.

"You do." I said, a smile painted on the others face.

I waited for Stiles to walk off again before asking, "am I even technically allowed to go?" My voice hushed.

Scott shrugged, "I can find out."

I nodded, walking away to find Stiles again.