Don't Misunderstand!

Kokichi POV:

Kokichi: "Ah, that's perfect timing, I was going to meet up with Kaede, I'll catch you later." I waved goodbye to Shuichi and Rantaro before turning and heading into the school. It;s super obvious that Kayayday is into Plant enthusiast so I'ma go talk some ideas into her.

She found me first though as I turned a corner and she ran up to me with a huge smile on her face.

Kaede: "Congrats! I'm so happy for you!"

Kokichi: "Oh..? What did I do..?"

Kaede: "I heard that you and Kaito got together!" huh..? Shuichi... is dating someone....?

Kokichi: "Oh..? Uh, where did you hear that...?"

Keade: "He told me himself! I'm glad you have someone important like that!"

Kokichi: "Oh ah... yeah..." I need to ignore this... this pain... and stay on task... "Do you have someone like that..? I've noticed you and Rantaro seem to really like each other." Her face flushed pink and she left out a little O!

Kaede: "Haha.. I wouldn't doubt you would see... I'm thinking of asking him out... and maybe since you got lucky... maybe love is in the air and I can make it work! I'll go talk to him! See you later Shuichi!" She waved before running off down the hall. 

The moment she was out of view I collapsed and fell to my knees. God... it hurts... Knowing that he won't want me. He already has someone else.. I wanted him more than anything... But I can't have him. And without him... I don't think I'll be escaping this killing game...

...

..

.

Shuichi POV: 

Before I could walk up to the approaching Kokichi, Kaede stopped me. 

Kaede: "Hey! Do you know where Rantaro is? Also I wanted to tell you the news! Kaito and Shuichi got together!" HUH!?! When did this happen!?!

Shuichi: "I don't think you got it right. Shuchi isn't really into him, heh..."

Kaede: "Oh? hmm... Kaito did only say 'My side kick has now become my partner!' I guess I kinda guessed he ment Shuichi, but now that I think about it, sometimes he calls Maki his sidekick too, right?" I sighed in relief now that she didn't have the wrong idea. 

Shuichi: "Yeah uh, you wanted edamami? He's over that way." I pointed towards the lower courtyard and she thanked me before leaving. I turned to see Kokichi had stopped about 15 feet away.

Shuichi: "Hey, Kokichi?"

Kokichi: "That's not my name. Kokichi." He spoked unnaturally cold in a way that made me feel sick to my stomach.

Shuichi: "Hey, what's wrong..?" He stared at me for a moment before putting on an obviously fake smile

Kokichi: "Nothing. I'm going to leave now." Without thinking I lunged out and grabbed his hand. He shot around with a scowl on his face. "Let go!"

Shuichi: "Please! I just want to he-"

*thud*

Kaito: "Leave him alone you jerk!" I looked up to see Kaito in a fighting stance, a sharp pain ripped across my cheek making me drop Kokichi's hand. He immediately ran off, out of view. I tried to go after him but Kaito stopped me.

Shuichi: "Huh? Wait! Please I need to get to him!"

Kaito: "Oh no! I'm not letting you harass my sidekick anymore. I think it's about time you stop bothering all of us. Right Maki?"

Shuichi: "What-?" I felt a stab to the back of my neck. I turned to see Maki holding a syringe and vial from my lab. "No..." I fell to the ground unable to move my body. It felt like my limbs were filled with cement.

Maki: "Alright. You got the rope?" I heard Kaito hum from out of view. Then my body was lifted and they started carrying me towards the back of the school. They were careful nobody saw me, and I wasn't able to object or call out for help. They took me to the back where the boiler was, and Maki tied me to a pipe with a knot I knew wouldn't slip.

Kaito: "We'll bring you food every couple of days so you don't die, but don't expect anything else." The two of them then left leaving me in the eerily silent building. Even if I could yell, the walls were fortified in a way that nobody could hear unless they were right outside. I doubt anyone will find me either since everyone's been avoiding it after the failed escape.

Hours passed in painful slowness. The drug wore off but it didn't help anything. I was alone with only my thoughts. Criticizing me for not being strong enough. That perhaps I deserve this for one reason or another. Maybe it was karma... 

I just.... wanted to see Kokichi. I wanted to explain to him, or listen to him. Whatever he needed. I wanted to comfort him and let this all be over with. Maybe it was me who needed to be comforted. I needed to be told that this wasn't my fault. It was just bad luck after all..

1???: "Oh there he is..." I perked up at an unfamiliar voice. It sounded feminine and gentle.

2???: "Shut up! If they find out we're here they might kill us!" This one sounded kinda grouchy and stern, but not entirely hateful.

3???: "Haha~ I tripped on the stairs this morning so I think we'll be fine!" This was a light weight voice that sounded male.

Shuichi: "Hello..?" The voices went silent as if they froze.

1???: "Use it.." Suddenly a hot pink sphere with a monkey wrench design on it was thrown from behind me. It rolled into the center of the room and sat for a second before erupting in a cloud of smoke. I coughed for a second before the smoke cleared and I saw three figures in front of me.

2???: "It only lasts about 10 minutes so hurry up."

3???: "We do apologise for stealing Iruma-san's design!"

Shuichi: "What..? Who are you guys..?"

2???: "We don't have time for-"

1???: "I'm Chiaki Nanami." The woman stepped forward out of the cloud of smoke. She was wearing a black suit and tie while her long nadeshiko hair fell over her shoulders. Her bangs were adorned with a 1981 Galaga clip. "I am the former ultimate gamer."

3???: "I'm Nagito Komaeda." The man on the right stepped forward. He had glossy white hair that bounced gently, the roots along his scalp blended into a deep brown, but it barely showed. He had a suit like Nanami but it was roughed up and his tie had a tranquilizer dart sticking out of it. He noticed and tossed it to the side with a giggle, "I was the ultimate luck in my class."

2???: "Really, we're doing this? I'm Hajime Hinata." the remaining smoke cleared to see he had a suit like the other two, but his tie was an olive green with stripes of gold. He had his arms crossed and stood behind the other two. He also had a walkie talkie, and several unknown tools around his belt. "I'm the leader of the resistance. The Usami group."

I feel like I've heard the name Usami before...

Nanami: "Nagito? Do you mind?"

Komaeda: "Not at all!" He stepped forward and fiddled with the rope for a second before it fell apart completely.

Shuichi: "Huh?! How did you do that!?"

Komaeda: "Ultimate luck of course! Now Kokichi, we have something important for you..." Oh right. I'm still in his body..

Hinata: "Again, not sure why we're trusting him." He huffed but pulled out somthing from his pocket and handed it to me.

Nanami: "We'll try to keep in contact with you, but be careful who you tell, we haven't unveiled the traitor yet..."

Shuichi: "Huh..? But how do you know it's not me..?"

Nanami: "Just watch the video, you'll see." The three of them then left the way they came. I heard metal moving around which is how I assume they came in. 

I think I should watch this video though... I want to make sure it's not a motive for Kokichi.. But also...

I need to know that he's not the traitor..