"Who can say no to bowling? I could even race you to the alley." I feigned astonishment.

"How do you feel about a piggyback ride there, instead?" He offered, knowing fully well that our girl would never turn down such an offer.

"I would accept the offer, but I'm not as light as I look," I lightly giggled.

Nolan let out a sigh and the next thing I knew, I was on his back with my arms pressed against his shoulders.

"What th-how?" I asked as I secured my arms around his neck.

"Speed, and trust me, your weight doesn't bother us one bit." Zane spoke for the first time since we stepped onto the parking lot.

"You sure?" I asked, my question mostly directed at Nolan.

"Yes, Baby. We're sure." Nolan reassured, giving his arms a gentle flex that lightly squeezed at my jeans clad thighs. He didn't wait for another response from me as he started walking towards the entrance with Zane slowly and silently trailing behind us. His silence and distance had me feeling a bit unsettled for some reason, it was almost like I knew that something was bothering him. I just didn't know what.

We headed into the building where we stopped to be searched for weapons before we walked into the building. Seeing as he had to put me down, he settled for placing his hand on my back as we waited for Zane to come through.

The ceilings were high with gold and white trimmings and baby angels. The lights and bright signs were almost blinding. The sounds from the casino machines, the people walking past while others were sitting down for meals in the restaurants was so exciting. It gave me good chills of anticipation to join in the fun.

"Which direction takes you to the bowling alley again?" Zane asked as he stopped next to us.

"I'm not quite sure, it's been a while since we last came here and they are always renovating this building, I just can't be sure." Nolan sighed with a lazy shrug.

"Then, how about we give ourselves a little tour?" I smiled at them.

"Sounds like a plan," Nolan nodded with his signature smile as his hand slid down to mine. "May I?"

"Of course." I reassured as I gently took hold of his hand and interlocked it with mine. We slowly started walking in no direction in particular and I expected to feel Zane's soft hand envelope my other, but he did none of that. He quietly walked in step with us with his hands in his pockets. His mischievous expressions from earlier and yesterday were replaced by deep thoughtfulness as he walked with an almost somber expression.

"That was fast." Nolan chuckled as we stopped next to the entrance leading to the loud entertainment area. You could already hear the sound of bowling balls crashing onto the clubs, the sound of people applauding and the sound of upbeat music from the outside. You could tell that we were about to walk into a lively space and I found myself feeling quite jittery at the prospect, but at the same time, my fire was barely burning due to my more apparent worry for Zane. Our relationship has healed so much and burned so strong in the hours we've spoken that I don't want us to go back to stage 1 of ignoring each other. I just can't.

Before I could utter a word, an excited Nolan was tugging me into the barely crowded space and towards the cashier who was happily chatting to another worker. It made the environment in the space seem even more laid back that I felt my slightly tense muscles slightly relax.