Chapter 24

The sudden coolness that attacked one side of my body had me slightly shivering in my sleepy state.

Why was I comfortably warm on one side and cold on the other?

The almost nonexistent sound of snoring as warm air tickled my face had me furrowing my eyebrows and slowly opening my eyes. There in front of me laid a very much fast asleep Nolan with his very messy locks tickling his forehead while being sprawled all over his face. His lips were slightly parted to let out the quiet sound while his arm was lazily thrown over my waist. His other acted as an extra pillow under his head. His always soft features were even softer and more innocent as they relaxed and made him look at peace.

I gently threw my head over my shoulder to be greeted by an empty space. I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows in confusion but luckily, the confusion was cleared in seconds when I heard the toilet being flushed in the bathroom.

A few seconds later, the door that led to the bathroom opened to reveal a very handsome, but equally rugged Zane. A sleepy yawn broke from his lips as he made his way back to his side of the bed which was behind me this time. He pulled down the blankets and got in and wrapped his arms around my abdominal section before gently tug me into his chest.

"Why are you awake?" He whispered as he planted a gentle, featherlight kiss on my bare shoulder.

"I-I don't know," I stuttered from the sensual sensation. "I felt cold."

He let out a warm breath, "Sleep, Baby." He coaxed.

I could only nod in response as I enjoyed the warmth surrounding my body as they emitted from the two men on either side of me. Before long, I was a goner.

~~~~~

"Bye Meli," A sweet, enthusiastic voice chirped before I felt a small pair of lips sloppily caress my cheek. "I'll miss you."

I lazily smiled and opened my eyes to the sight of Grace as she smiled at me from her father's arms.

"Bye Baby," I groggily replied," I'll miss you too." I sluggishly responded before everything turned back to a blur.

~~~~~

The sudden feeling of loneliness and coldness attacked my sleeping body, making me visibly let out a shiver as I came to. I slowly opened my eyes to find a now bright room thanks to the light that peeked from between the gap between the curtains on each side of the bed. My eyes shot to the now vacant space on each side of the bed beside me, instantly making me want to whine as I let out a sigh and got on my back so I was facing the ceiling. I stretched my arms to both sides of the bed as a yawn broke through my lips in mid-stretch. My arms gently brushed both sides of the sheets to find them cold. They must have left a while ago.

I groggily rolled myself off the bed in time to spot the toothbrush on the nightstand, the clothes from last night and some two face cloths with a note.

Feel free to freshen up. When you're ready, you'll find us downstairs.

~ Your mates

I quickly fixed the bed with some effort as compared to the effortlessly of fixing my lower one back at home. When that was neatly made, I opened the curtains and windows to allow some much needed sunrays and fresh air into the stuffy room before grabbing my cellphone on my way to grab the clothes and toiletries on the nightstand.

I then trudged towards the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me. I opened my cellphone and chose one of my currently favourite playlists and pressed on the first song which happened to be Idina Menzel's 'Gravity'.