Chapter 19

Melissa's POV

"I swear, I'm gonna sleep for the whole weekend." Melanie groaned as we walked down the path.

"I know." I groaned. After a week of exhausting assignments and lectures, I need sleep.

"Isn't that the Alpha?" Melanie suddenly paused to gesture towards a familiar double cap, Black Ranger that was parked at the curb with a tilt of her head.

Melanie is also a werewolf, and she is a part of Damian's park. She explained everything to me one day after Nolan dropped me off, which has been happening a lot lately in the past week and some. He greeted Melanie and assured her that I already knew.

"I think so." I responded as I saw the familiar figure that belonged to Damian as he stepped outside of the car and gestured for me to come over.

"I guess I'll see you next week?" Melanie asked as she pulled me into a brief embrace before letting go.

"I guess so, but remember we have a timetable switch for Monday, so I'll see you on Tuesday." I reminded her.

"Right!" She excitedly squealed," More sleep for me." She sighed in contentment.

"Bye, Sleeping Beauty." I waved her off with a giggle.

"My prince will wake me up with a kiss one day, don't you worry." She playfully winked at me before giving me a wave and making her way down the path way as I made my way towards the car parked at the curb.

"Hi." I greeted as I stopped in front of him.

"Hi Princess," He warmly smiled," So, I want to talk to you about something? But, I just thought some sweets would make the conversation lighter. How do you feel about some pudding and maybe some coffee?"

I would be lying if I said his words didn't leave me feeling curious as I nodded.

"Sure." I agreed.

He smiled at me in gratitude and opened my door for me before offering me his hand and helping me up. Once he had my door closed, I buckled my seatbelt as I waited for him to jump into the driver's seat. I haven't been seeing him much in the past week and some due to either school or sleeping, so we've barely spoken aside a few hellos and 'how are yous' here and there.

"So, how were your classes today? Your mom tells me this is your busiest day." He asked, offering me a small smile before bringing the engine to life and buckling up his seatbelt.

"It is," I dramatically blew raspberries, " But it was fairly nice. How was your day?"

"It was good," He smiled at me before facing the road. "Thank you for agreeing to come with me. It means a lot."

"Of course, besides, it's not like you're a total stranger, right?" I lightly laughed.

I watched as Damian's features pulled into a sad smile as he nodded." Right."

"I'm sorry," I immediately apologised," I didn't mean to offend you."

"You didn't, Princess. It's just the..." He trailed off as he searched for the word," Parent in me, if you can say," I pulled my lips into a tight line and stiffly nodded before facing the road."If I may ask, when was the last time you were in contact with Zane?"

My muscles immediately tensed at the mention of the man as I turned my head to face Damian.

"Since the incident." I whispered as I clutched my bag to my chest. I hated thinking about him because every time, my muscles ached as the feeling to go see him threatened to tear me apart.