Chapter 8

"Of course, Mel and I are very fond of nature so no complaints here." Mom assured with a small smile of reassurance.

"I'm happy to know that I chose the right venue for our breakfast, if that's so." Nolan smiled at Mom before his eyes drifted to me with a twinkle of happiness shining brightly in his emerald green orbs. Even if our eyes only connected for a few seconds, I felt breathless by the time he turned his gaze to my mom.

"Please make yourselves at home," He gestured to the round, glass table and transparent tiffany chairs that were placed in the middle of the garden," I'll quickly go fetch the food."

"Will you need help?" I impulsively asked, making me want to slap my forehead not even a second later.

"Yes, I will." He smiled at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll help." I offered.

"Alright, thank you," He smiled at me in a way that sent me a silent message that left me confused and curious because I couldn't read it." Please follow me." He softly asked.

I nodded at him before I followed him back to the hall and to the kitchen. There on the white countertop laid silver dome covers, glasses, a jar filler with an orange, thick liquid in it and white, empty plates.

"I hope you drink Orange Juice." He softly asked with a soft smile that melted my insides.

"I do." I cheerfully reassured.

"I'm sorry we didn't ask before, we could have bought you something you didn't like. I guess Zane just assumed that everyone likes Orange Juice." He lightly chuckled, taking the plate of the Dome cover and lifting it.

"Well, I honestly wouldn't say it's my favourite drink flavour, but I do drink it," I assured," Should I take these?" I indicated to the tray with the juice and glasses to which I got a nod in response.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I counted three glasses and a sippy cup.

"Won't Zane be joining us?" I couldn't help but to ask as I followed behind his now retreating form. His shoulders tensed at my words, making me raise an eyebrow questioningly as I stared at his tensed back muscles.

"Unfortunately Zane doesn't feel quite well. He has been feeling a bit lightheaded this whole morning so he decided to go take a nap after making us breakfast." Nolan replied, making my own muscles tense at the thought of Zane being unwell.

"Oh, I hope he gets better." I said with a small smile even as an inkling of disappointment and concern nagged at my heart for unknown reasons.

"He'll be fine, it's probably just exhaustion from his long business trip last week." Nolan reassured as he turned to me with a reassuring smile.

We walked into the sunroom slash greenhouse and made our way to my mother who sat patiently in her seat as her eyes roamed the beautiful setting which I really didn't blame her for. The way the sun easily entered into the room from the glass ceiling and walls was so mesmerising and jaw dropping. The sunlight freely roamed the room and filled it with its natural light. The short trees covering two of the walls, leaving the one leading to what I assume to be the backyard, bare. Even that wall had clear, glass French doors leading outside. There were two, brown stone pathways leading to the two glass tables in the middle of the garden to avoid the rows of plants from being stepped on.

The garden was seperated into three parts. There were two parts that were seperated by the pathway. One side had vegetables such as onions and cabbages while the opposite side had fruits, including an apple tree and orange tree. When you continued, you reached the sitting area in the middle, then behind it, a few feet away was a bed of different flowers. It was absolutely beautiful.