Chapter 11

Nolan's POV

After not only spending some time with my mate and spoiling her a bit, I feel as though I am on a cloud. Unfortunately, it was short lived. My heart painfully clenched as she disappeared through the front door of her home and closed it behind her, almost like she was keeping me out. I wanted nothing more than to over there and get here, but my logic knew I couldn't so instead, I settled for the good memories that I will forever cherish.

I can still see her flustered self as she tried to convince me not to pay for her hair, but how could I not. Who knows when I will get the opportunity to spoil her again. What I do know is, nothing in the cosmos can ruin my day.

'I can't wait to see her again! Next time, let's get her some flowers.' My lovesick wolf, Alex swooned like the lovey dovey fool he was. I have to admit that I do agree with one thing that he said because I also can't wait to see her again.

'You and I both, Bud.' I agreed.

I shook my head like a happy fool and slipped in through the door of my home. The sound of the television in the other room was clear to my ears, but aside that, it was too quiet. Deadly silent, almost like everyone was asleep.

I closed the door behind me and turned towards the counter to see a sight I did not wish to see. Panic immediately grasped at my veins as I ran to the body that laid unmoving on the kitchen floor. Glass was scattered around his with some piercing his sides making blood slowly ooze the wound continuously.

"Zane!" I called out before a a cuss slipped from my tongue as I fell to my knees in front of the overly pale man. The glass around me completely forgotten as I lifted him up into my lap. His lips were white as he lightly shook with sickness. His skin lined with a thick layer of sweat and his breathing very ragged and close. His heart was beating slowly and lowly, but I was grateful for the small sound nonetheless. His eyes were closed and scrunched up as if he was in pain. "Zane! Come back to me, Brother. Come on." I desperately pleaded.

"You're going to give me a headache, at this rate," A raspy, weak voice suddenly said before his eyes opened. They were so glossy and sickly that I would have thought him a human with a fever."Where's-" He abruptly stopped as a cough wrecked his body. His breathing got even more shallow as he continued," Grace? Is she okay?"

"I don't know," I honestly admitted as I looked at the weak man before me. "How did this happen?"

"It was just an incident," He stopped to regain his breathing before continuing,"Don't worry about it." He immediately gritted out as he slowly started getting up, just to fall back down against me.

"Right!" I slowly said, showing that I did not believe his nonsense in the slightest.

"Please go..." He paused to take a few deep breaths. "Check on Grace."

"She's fine, her breathing sounds okay. She's probably fast asleep," I reassured," You are a different situation."

He sighed and slowly tried getting up again, and this time he successfully managed to sit up. I'm thinking that's the best he could do for now.

My eyes momentarily locked on the bottle of vodka on the table, instantly making my lips tug into a thin line. I stood up and offered him my hands and to my relief, he took the offer and allowed me to help him up.

"Thank you, Nole." He weakly said as I wrapped his arm around my shoulders and slowly started towards the guest bathroom on this floor. I don't think he'll be able to get up the stairs with the possible injuries and his currently weak stature.