Chapter 8: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

"That's a stupid, I wasn't no king," "And I don't want to be one," "I wasn't great or anything like him nor you," Jungkook defended.

Jung hyun nodded in response, but deep within him, he intended to be ignorant of how great he was, it's just that we was born a Grand Prince that's why he couldn't see himself worthy of the throne.

"Jungkook," Jung hyun called him.

"What, hyung?" Jungkook asked, still watching the clock ticking, only 12 minutes more until ceremony starts.

Jung hyun fixing his clothes, while staring at Jungkook, he doesn't know if what he's about to say was okay. He is still the first in line to the throne, but now that him and his wife is trying to have an heir, it will be a greatest gift he can give for his beloved brother.

"Are you still thinking of removing you entitlement?"

Jungkook slowly return his dumbfounded face to his brother, his heart began to pound more, hearing it from him after all his refusal to remove it.

And this time, is a good time to bring it up, "I never change my mind about it, hyung,"

Jung hyun smiled inwardly, "Can you tell me why?"

Jungkook faked a cough and averted his eyes towards their people from afar, "It isn't because I don't want to serve them hyung, it isn't because I hated my title,"

Jungkook gulped, "For everyone's sake, and to continue my dream to be a business man instead,"

"I also want Lisa to continue her work, though I love seeing her in ball gowns and fancy dresses in royal banquets, but I love seeing her more wearing white gown, saving someone in need, being what she is right now,"

"I want to create a family, a new one without the prying eyes of the aristocracy, without being discriminated as low rank noble," "We want to be free, traveling the whole world and after that growing old together in a house we built,"

"I dreamt of a moment that we will once again reunite on the oldest tree of Palace just like old times with Father and Mother, bring the family we created on our own,"

Jung hyun listened to every inch of his words, he couldn't believe he's been thinking of his position and the meaning of sitting on the throne.

That he— As the King, should be the one standing out. But all this time, Jungkook noticed the comparison of the people between them.

But if it can help both of them, he needed to accept his request and respect his decision to remove his royal title.

"If that's what you want.. then I have no reason to refuse you..." Jung hyun sighed, saddened.

"Hyung..." Jungkook widened his eyes, he can't believe he's hearing this. He's accepting his request, he felt mixed emotions of tingling heart and happiness.

He is flabbergasted.

Jung hyun nodded, "We can process your request after your honeymoon, I can't say it be an easy road, it will take us time to remove your title.. for now.. you have a ceremony about to start in 5 minutes,"

Jungkook chuckled while he allowed his King to walk first before him, "Not gonna lie though, you calmed my nerves,"

Jung hyun laughed, "Thank god, or I'm not gonna see you walking mess in your wedding day,"

*roaring of people*

The King, The Queen Regent who's been faking her smile,  finally went out of Gyeongbokgung as the ceremony started.