Chapter 1| now would be a good time to be anyone but me

Present time 📍 California
Kamaris pov:

FUCK. Shit I'm so late wade is going to be pissed. Let me pray he is too drunk to function or not home yet.

Holy shit.

I'm standing outside what was my house. If you could even call it one, it was burning down right I front of me and all I could think of were two things. 1 is he in there burning alive? 2 what's going to happen to me if he isn't or is?

I start to panic I look around and I see his car in the driveway. Oh shit he was in there, neighbors start to surround the house and one is calling the fire department. They finally get here after 10 minutes like wtf a house is burning and they take 10 minutes it's not even a big town?!

As suspected police came down and took me to the station seeing as I am underaged and they wanted my statement. I'm pretty sure they think I did it because they cuffed me. " pretty kinky there aren't ya joe?" I teased. I was pretty well known in the police department as I was always getting arrested for ether fights or illegal shit.

" its not the time for jokes Kamari, they seriously think you did it." Joe expressed.
" do you think I did it?" I asked " anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law." Joe responded coldly . " Wow turning on me already? I thought we were friends Joe." I said in a hurt expression.

After about five long minutes we get there, " hey easy there, these hurt dipshit." I hissed out as some new officer pulled me out the car. "I could really file you for so much right know like insulting a police officer to start!" Dipshit said. I rolled my eyes as we walked to the interrogation room. " ok this is so fancy like this rusty table is really a vibe." I whispered sarcastically. " Kamari I need you to take this seriously you are basically an orphan and your house burnt down." The head of the police department said- mike.

" ouch well when you put it like that, and how can this be serious you have me freaking handcuffed!" I exclaimed. Mike nodded at one of the officers and he came and un cuffed me. " thank you very much officer sir." I gave him a salute. But he just ignored me how rude.

Kamari these are government officials they are not going to deal with a seventeen year olds shit.
Wow even my own mind is going against me
I was snapped out of thought when mike said " Kamari Foster are you even listening to me?" I got a little wide eyed because he snapped at me " uh yeah sorry what were you saying?" I replied. He sighs " Kamari where were you during the incident?" He asked. Fuck I thought I can't really tell a sheriff I was out killing someone can I? No you dumb bitch you have to lie to him obviously. Shut up I know I have to lie to him

" I was with a friend." I replied coldly and kept a stoic expression to really sell my lie.
" Kamari you need to be a little less vague, which friend." He asked frustrated " Inara , Inara Zenaku ." I answered " her ?" He expressed i furrowed my brows, what does he mean her? " yes, what about her?" I snapped back " well you know it's not good or legal to lie to a government official Kamari, your little friend there inara she was arrested tonight too. But before you." He replied probably tired of my bullshit

Fuck you stupid bitch you had to get arrested! Today of all days!

" well I was with her before but we parted ways because she said she had something to do." I trailed off. Fuck that was a stupid lie I can't believe I got English honors.

" Kamari what did you do after you parted ways" he grumbled " I was walking home but it was a little far so I didn't get there until like 20 minutes ago when you brought me here." " although I did stop for food." I I went on. "Ok we'll check out your story in the meantime we need a social worker to come in." He sighed

God damnit a social worker? I hate those they look at you with pity and act all nice even though you can clearly tell they are fake as fuck. Why am I so mean? Maybe they can be nice too Yknow have some hope.

" alright do I just stay here or something?" I pondered " yes you will I'll come back shortly." He responded. That's what she said. I thought as he left the room.

****
A/ñ
Ok so this totally sucked but I tried don't forget to vote and comment
  - bells
WORD COUNT: 819