𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴

Start from the beginning

"Did you sneak Julian in here last night?"

Celai chuckles. "I don't need to 'sneak' him in here. If I want him here, I'll invite him, which I did."

Brian gives her a look before glancing at Kassima and walking away to go upstairs. Celai bites her lip. "My bad, did y'all want me to let y'all know? It was late, I didn't want to go in your room to wake you up. I'll let y'all know next time."

"Celai, that's another issue in itself, but I'm not talking about that," Kassima says. "The issue Brian and I have is that he was here, period. You can't do that."

"Why not? I understand it's your house, but I live here and have a life of my own, too."

"What happened to giving your life to Christ? Did that go out the window?"

Celai's eyebrows knit as she begins to get frustrated. "What are you trying to say?" She desperately needs a better explanation before she allows herself to get angry.

"You know what I'm trying to say. You're twenty-three years old, 'celibate', and you're in a new relationship. What other reason would you have to sneak Julian in here?"

"Like you just said, I'm twenty-three, I don't have to sneak anyone in here like I'm sixteen, I'm grown. And if I want my boyfriend here, why can't I? I wasn't having sex with him like you're trying to insinuate. Not that it's any of your business."

"It is my business if you're in my house. Don't get disrespectful," Kassima warns.

"Don't accuse me of something I didn't do. I vowed to stay celibate and I'm keeping that promise. I don't know why you can't trust me when I say that."

"I can't trust you because you have yet to tell me what Julian was doing up there with you."

"Kassima, the most we did was pray over finances, is that such a bad thing?" Celai asks, her voice starting to get louder.

"Now I know you're lying. What the hell are you praying over finances for? From what you told me, you're doing very well," Kassima fires back.

"Did you forget I'm helping pay my friend's bills? Not all the money I earn is going to my account."

"I don't believe you. You know you could've asked Brian and me if you needed money."

"Why would I do that? Especially now since you think I'm out here lying about money and having sex." Celai laughs in annoyance. "This conversation is so stupid."

"It's not stupid if I say it's not. Celai, how do you think it looks for me to have my daughter messing around with the pastor, huh?"

Celai shakes her head and smiles, getting triggered by the phrase she heard constantly throughout her childhood. "I knew it," she says calmly. She shrugs. "You'll never change. You're still the same person I grew up with: the narcissistic woman who thinks her image is above everything and everyone else. It's been great staying here, but I knew better than to move in with you. The fantasy is over."

"Celai-"

"No, I'm done! I've been holding my breath, waiting for this exact moment. Waiting for you to bring up yourself in something that has nothing to do with you. If I wanted to have sex with Julian, why is it your business? I'm twenty-three, remember?" Kassima doesn't say anything and Celai scoffs. "If I could, I'd move out right now and never see you again. I meant every word I said when I was younger: you don't deserve to be called a mother."