Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

The next room I went in belonged to a little girl with pink walls and little dolls lining the shelves of a bookcase. There was a crib in the middle of the room where she slept with the blankets and pillows removed. The name Sharon had been painted on the wall in tall block letters next to cute pictures of flowers and animals.

The third room belonged to a boy, it was a messy room with plenty of clothes and toys on the floor. A picture of a young boy who looked like me without the glasses and a young girl that looked like my mother sat on the dresser. I picked up the picture and traced over my mother she looked so happy. I heard footsteps behind me and almost had a heart attack. I whipped around and sighed with relief when I realized it was only Seth.

"What are you doing in here?" He asked his eyes red and puffy "what makes you think you can just come in old, abandoned houses what if a witch lived in here, I thought you knew better."

"I'm sorry," I said putting the picture back on the desk, I had completely forgotten about all the witches in this area.

Seth looked around the room and sighed "it's fine," he said solemnly. "I can't blame you for wanting to check this place out it was a wonderful house, I really loved growing up here."

"Wait you lived in this house," suddenly the puzzle pieces began to form in my head I reached for the painting and handed it to Seth.

"Is that you?" I asked my hand trembling.

"Yep, Hey I looked a lot like you as a kid."

"Is that your sister," he nodded, and I felt a huge weight lift of my shoulders.

"Why do you ask?"

"Seth that girl is alive she lives in the human world. Your dad is alive too."

"What?"

"We're related, your sister is my mother and she's alive. Seth she wasn't eaten by the wolves she hid in the oven and your father he's alive too he got there after the wolves left, they're both alive and they're back in the human world safe and sound."

"Are you serious?" Seth asked jumping up and down, if he still had his tail, I knew it would be wagging, Seth grabbed me and spun me in the air he licked my face then instantly pulled away. 

"Sorry habit," he apologized wiping off my forehead with his sleeve.

"They're alive, they're alive," He cheered then suddenly he stopped "If they're alive then why did they leave me?" he asked sad and confused.

"They didn't leave you my grandpa fled to the human world to keep his daughter safe, he thought you were dead he told me himself that when he came home you were gone, his wife was dead, and his daughter was hiding."

Seth wiped more tears from under his cheeks this time tears of joy.

"I can't believe you're my nephew, I've been an uncle for years now and didn't even know it?" He squeaked he pulled me into a hug and cried all over me, I had never seen a grown man cry and I have to admit it's not pretty.

"You have a niece too, and she's going to die if we don't rescue her soon," I said looking up at the setting sun in fear, Seth let go and wiped the tears out from under his puffy eyes.

"Let's go save her," Seth said stuffing the picture in his pocket.

.  .  .

Me and Seth made it to the village by night fall we tried to rent a room, but everything was full, apparently people from all over Luminari had come to see the new princess and they had grabbed all the hotel rooms in town. Me and Seth were forced to sleep under a bridge, the ground was made of rock and very uncomfortable nothing like the soft grass in the forest. I woke up just as the sun was starting to rise to a man in a police uniform telling me we couldn't sleep here. I woke up Seth and we headed for the castle.