Chapter 1-1 - An easy beginning...

𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 19𝙩𝙝 - 12:38𝙥𝙢

I've been keeping an eye on him for a while...trying to see an open opportunity where I can speak to him discretely and ask him if he likes me. I-I'm not trying to be overly obsessed with him, he's just...hot...cute...strong to be with...

Damn, I really am falling hard for him. I even came all the way to Inazuma just to spy on him! Am I really that obsessed over him? Hm...I guess I really am...still, I should remain innocent instead of acting like a needy boy in public.

"Well Venti, it's been great getting some food with you and knowing how you have been since the last time we've met. But sadly, I have to go and see Gorou before he starts thinking that we're doing this because we love each other rather than just because of friendship."

Oh right- I was out with Kazuha for lunch because I felt like I could expand my relationship with him, in a friendly way of course. Another reason is to quietly spy on him to see what he does, I mean I could go up and speak right now but I don't want to confess right here.

I'd rather do it somewhere sweeter. "Y-Yeah that's fine..." I quickly snapped out of it and spoke to Kazuha in a quick tone. "Mhm...should we split the bill? Or...?" I pulled a fake smile and stuck my hand into my pocket to see if I had any Mora left and...

O-Of course...I have nothing...even after kicking the drinking habit, I still struggle gathering Mora to pay for stuff...ugh, why does life have to be a pain?! "About that Kazuha...w-would you mind paying for it full? I-I swear to you that I'll pay you back as soon as possible, okay?"

He closed his eyes, sighed and looked at me with a still face. "I...I guess so Venti, but next time you're definitely paying full." After he spoke, Kazuha placed the correct amount of Mora that was required onto the table and got up from the table.

"See you later Venti?" I smiled and waved him bye as he left the table, leaving me all by myself which didn't bother me whatsoever...unless it's raining...that really makes me upset... "I should probably start leaving as well..."

Leaving the restaurant, I kept my distance whilst keeping an eye on him in case something bad had happened. 

And that's exactly what happened...

"Morning Snowflake. How are you this morning?" He spoke in a cheerful manner to the girl I spoke with 2 days ago, why is he doing this? "Aether...I told you to stop calling me that, it makes me flustered." She groaned with her face lighting red.

"Aw Ayaka...fine...if it really makes you feel uncomfortable." Aether let down his arms and sarcastically spoke in a sad tone. I sat down next to a stranger, trying not to act weird about it and continued to watch the scene unfold.

"It's not that it makes me uncomfortable, it's that we're out in public and I um...need some time warming up to you calling me that because I don't want people thinking we're in love together..." Aether looked back at Ayaka with a surprised look on his face...